Voiced by: Yukiko Takaguchi (JP), Hannah Alcorn (EN)The female lead. Sunako is a girl who usually locks herself away inside her room and chooses to live without any desire for light or beauty after a traumatic experience when she was rejected and told that she was ugly by her first love.
- Action Girl
- Allergic to Love: She completely freaks out, nosebleeds to the point of hemorrhage and passes out whenever she sees "bright creatures."
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Whenever she gains enough confidence, she breaks out of her Super-Deformed mode and becomes a beautiful pale-skinned girl with long black hair and an aloof and graceful attitude.
- Battle Couple: With Kyohei.
- Beautiful All Along: Whenever she gains enough confidence to break out of her Super-Deformed mode.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Kyohei.
- Bifauxnen: In Chapter 73.
- Birds of a Feather: With Kyohei.
- Blinding Bangs
- Broken Bird: She actually was a normal and cheery teenage girl. After her first love called her ugly, she turned into the gloomy and creepy girl we know well.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Math is the only subject in which she doesn't get good grades.
- The First Cut Is the Deepest
- The Heroine
- Hime Cut
- I Am Not Pretty
- Lonely Doll Girl: Has two anatomical dolls that she considers to be her friends.
- Loners Are Freaks
- Nightmare Fetishist
- Nosebleed: Her reaction to seeing "Bright Creatures".
- Oblivious to Love
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: To Kyohei.
- The Ophelia: A comedic parody of this.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: She went into severe catatonia after her kiss with Kyohei, and often doesn't even need another kiss to go into it again, now.
- Purple Eyes
- Rapunzel Hair
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- She Cleans Up Nicely
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: She is frequently mistaken for one.
- Super-Deformed: Almost all the time.
- Supreme Chef
- Sweet Tooth
- Tomboy: Though she isn't exactly into traditionally boy activities, she avoids traditionally girl activities in every way and loves anything creepy.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Noi's Girly Girl.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Although not exactly a girly girl, she has surprising domestic skills.
- Tsundere: Sometimes towards Kyohei.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: When we finally meet her parents.
- Used to Be More Social: Before her first love rejected her, she used to hang out with other girls normally. Now she'd rather to shut herself in her room and talk to her anatomical dolls than getting close to real people.
- Weakened by the Light
- Will They or Won't They?: With Kyohei, to ridiculous heights.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She is supposed to become one, she has the domestic skills and looks (when she isn't drawn chibi-style) but she's made the conscious decision to let all the other traits slide due to first reject trauma.
- Yandere: She tries to kill people she's attracted to.
- Abusive Parents: His mother only yells at him, blames him for the constant harassment he attracts to the house and effectively threw him out of the house when she couldn't take it anymore.
- Battle Couple: With Sunako.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Sunako.
- Big Eater
- Birds of a Feather: With Sunako.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was stalked, kidnapped, and molested continuously, starting from when he was a child.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Rape as Backstory: Heavily implied to be the case, as he's said to have been constantly harassed and molested his entire life. Revealed to be a Bait and Switch in volume 35, in which Ranmaru correctly surmises that he's a virgin.
- The Lancer
- Oblivious to Love
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: To Sunako.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: He gets sexually harassed so much that he can't hold onto a job for long at all.
- Through His Stomach: He denies that he has feelings for Sunako, but admits that he likes her cooking.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Strawberries. His love for Fried Shrimp seems to be more prevalent though.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Sunako, to ridiculous heights.
- Beta Couple: With Noi.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Sometimes with Noi.
- The Smart Guy
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Arranged Marriage: With Tamao.
- The Big Guy
- The Casanova
- Commitment Issues
- Handsome Lech
- Ladykiller in Love: It's hinted that he is becoming this in regards to his arranged fiancée, Tamao.
- Millionaire Playboy
- Red-Headed Hero
Yukinojo "Yuki" Toyama
Voiced by: Yamauchi Yuuya (JP), Greg Ayres (EN)The most "normal" of the four boys; before coming to live at the mansion he had a normal school life with a middle-class family. His mother and the Landlady are old friends and the Landlady, and Sunako at times, has a soft spot for Yuki.
- Beta Couple: With Takenaga.
- Nice Girl
- Shipper on Deck: For Kyohei and Sunako.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Sometimes with Takenaga.
- Sixth Ranger
- Smitten Teenage Girl
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Sunako's Tomboy.
Mine Nakahara (The Landlady)
Voiced by: Yuka Komatsu (JP), Tiffany Grant (EN)Sunako's aunt, who expects Kyohei, Takenaga, Yuki, and Ranmaru to make Sunako into a lady.
- Eccentric Millionaire
- Large Ham
- Noblewoman's Laugh
- Purple Eyes
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: This is how she feels about Sunako and the reason she wants the guys to "fix" her.
- Widow Woman
Voiced by: Erika (JP), Luci Christian (EN)Ranmaru's fiancée. She is extremely wealthy and studies at an all-girls school. Despite Ranmaru's playboy qualities, she has fallen in love with him. His rejection of her does not faze her, hoping that eventually he would come to feel the same way.
- Arranged Marriage: With Ranmaru.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Sweet and demure, but also has the subtle touch of strength too.
Yvonne is voiced by: Nina Kumagaya (JP), Kira Vincent-Davis (EN, Epi. 1-9), Allison Sumrall (EN, Epi. 10-25)
Madeleine is voiced by: Kimiko Koyama (JP), Tiffany Terrell (EN)
Roxane is voiced by: Erika (JP), Monica Passley (EN)Four girls who are completely obsessed with the main boys of the series.