YMMV: The Wallflower
- Ending Fatigue: The manga doesn't seem to know how to end right now. Or, at all.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: It's easy to interpret this one of two ways. Either "The need to fit societal definitions of beauty is more important than being yourself!", or "Supposedly 'ugly' women can be beautiful, too, with just a little love and care!".
- Ho Yay: Mostly involving Yuki, specially in the episodes centered around him.
- With all four bishonen in general, at least occasionally, though it's almost always Played for Laughs.
- One time, when Sunako was being harassed by Kyohei's fangirls and the guys told Kyohei to say something to stop it, he announced he was going out with Ranmaru. In a later chapter, when Kyohei was being haunted by the spirits of said fangirls, he actually kissed Ranmaru in his sleep. In both cases, the fangirls didn't seem to mind. Ranmaru, on the other hand...
- Nightmare Fuel: Sunako is this to most people.
- Seasonal Rot/Franchise Zombie: It could have ended quite happily after the 12th volume, been forgiven by ending after the 15th/16th and at least redeemed by ending at a nice round 20. We're up to over a hundred chapters and 29 volumes with no end in sight, and by this point even the scanslators have given up.
- Tear Jerker: In the J Drama, Kyohei bursting into heart-broken sobs right after his mother has a breakdown, screams that she shouldn't have given birth to him, and his father forbids him to see her (to make matters worse, this is the scene right after Kyohei's mother seems to accept him again and has asked him to come home more often).
- There is not one person alive that is immune to Kyohei's tears.