Creator: Tiffany Grant
Tiffany Grant is an American voice actress and ADR Script who is known for her English-dubbing work with ADV Films on such anime films and television series as Neon Genesis Evangelion, in which she voiced the character Asuka Langley Soryu. Grant is also known for portraying Altena in Noir and Ryoko Subaru in Martian Successor Nadesico. Although appearing in ADV titles, she is an independent contractor, not an ADV employee.Grant, along with a handful of other ADV contractors, also works with Fort Worth-based anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment on series such as Fullmetal Alchemist. Grant enjoyed her role as Neon Genesis Evangelion's Asuka so much that she briefly reprised the character in the radio plays and fan-produced anime derived from the fanfiction series Neon Genesis Evangelion: R. She has also reprised her role yet again in the Rebuild of Evangelion films. She has also cosplayed as Asuka (in Asuka's familiar red EVA-02 plugsuit and her school uniform) at anime conventions. Also, her bedroom is completely covered in Asuka merchandise. In recent years she has become friends with Yuko Miyamura, the Japanese voice of Asuka.It has been thought the main reason Grant got the role as Juli Mizrahi in Xenosaga: The Animation was because many fans mistook her voice for that of Juli in the Original Game.It should also be noted that Tiffany is quite fluent in the German language, hence the better implementation of Asuka's German dialogue in the English dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Her Californian counterpart is Karen Strassman due their similar typecast, their fluency in a foreign language having an impact in their voice acting note , and having a Star-Making Role in a mecha series. Her New York counterpart is Lisa Ortiz because of vocal accents and having a Star-Making Role as Fiery Redhead Tsundere.
Notable Roles of Tiffany Grant:
- Asuka Langley Soryu in Neon Genesis Evangelion (reprised her role in Rebuild of Evangelion)
- Altena in Noir
- Gema in Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat
- Kaori (Kaorin) in Azumanga Daioh
- Kisaragi in the first episode of Elfen Lied
- Koume Sawagachi in Blue Seed
- Kudryavka Noumi in Little Busters!
- Laura Bodewig in Infinite Stratos
- Lena in the Fire Emblem OVA
- Lune in The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc
- Martel in Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Midoriko Sono in Girls und Panzer
- Momon in Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess
- Nojiko in One Piece
- Ryoko Subaru in Martian Successor Nadesico
- Sunako's Aunt in The Wallflower
- Yoko Tokashiki in Princess Nine
- Yukiyo Misaki (uncredited) and Yumi Ogura in Another
- Yuuki Onozawa in Tokyo Magnitude 8
Tropes associated with Tiffany Grant
- Badass: A good number of the characters she voices fit into category, especially Asuka Langley Soryu.
- Bilingual Bonus: She has extensive knowledge in fluency in German, which transfers into her German character roles like Asuka, Christine Freidrich, and Laura Bodewig that either requires her to speak in a German accent or speak in German phrases.
- Contralto of Danger: Her fluency in German have many of her roles to have a deeper voice. Although there exceptions where she uses a higher-pitched voice than normal. Case in point, Kudryavka Noumi in the Little Busters! dub has her speak in a much higher-pitched voice AND she's given a Russian accent. note
- Playing Against Type: While Tiffany isn't a stranger to voicing cute girls in the past, Little Busters! have her voice Kudryavka Noumi, the resident Token Mini-Moe, where she not only attempts a Russian accent with the said character, but also making her sound cute at the same time with a higher-pitch voice.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Most of the characters she voices tend to be Badasses or Cool Big Sis. Bonus points that some of them tend to be a bit hotheaded.
- Need someone to voice a German girl or woman in a Houston or Dallas based dub, hire this woman!
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Oh yes, in addition to deep-voiced badasses, she can voice a variety of characters she as a Proper Lady, Tomboys, young boys, and even a Russian Token Mini-Moe.