Characters: The Octonauts
open/close all folders
The OctonautsLed by Captain Barnacles Bear, the Octonauts is a group of eight adventurers dedicated to explore the ocean and protect sea creatures from danger.
- Badass Crew
- Freudian Trio: Demonstrated in the first ten seconds of the opening theme.
- True Companions
Captain Barnacles Bear
Captain Barnacles BearThe Leader of the Octonauts. Barnacles is a polar bear who commands every mission the Octonauts perform. Being always the first to help whenever someone is in danger, he is loved by his entire crew, and he loves his crew back.
Voiced by Simon Greenall
- All-Loving Hero
- Badass Adorable
- Beary Friendly: He is the nicest and bravest bear you will ever meet. And he is so cute!.
- The Captain
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: The only character on the show to be fully-clothed.
- Ideal Hero
- The Kirk: To Kwazii's McCoy and Peso's Spock.
- The Leader
- Nice Guy
- The Paragon: The Octonaut. He is the leader for a reason.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He is as fun-loving as the other Octonauts.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue, to Kwazii's red.
- Super Strength: Strong enough to lift a giant clam.
Kwazii CatBarnacles' first lieutenant. Kwazii is an impulsive cat with a mysterious pirate past. He believes in so many different kinds of sea monsters and legendary beasts that he's also considered the crew's cryptozoologist instead of just a lieutenant.
Voiced by Rob Rackstraw
- Badass Adorable
- Berserk Button: When Kwazii's around, you treat Captain Barnacles with respect. Even if you don't know who he is.
- Cute Kitten
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal
- The Lancer
- Leeroy Jenkins: In spades.
- The McCoy: To Barnacles' Kirk and Peso's Spock
- Nightmare Fetishist: On the "fascination with creepy things" end of the scale.
- Number Two
- Pirate: He is very proud of being a pirate. However, this is also overlaps with The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Very, very red.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is afraid of spiders. Spider crabs are an exception, though.
Peso PenguinThe medical officer of the Octonauts. He is a nice penguin who likes helping people. Peso is a bit shy and can be scared easily, but whenever someone needs help, he is the first to go into action.
Voiced by Paul Panting
Professor Inkling OctopusProfessor Inkling, a Dumbo Octopus, is the founder and mentor of the Octonauts. He rarely goes on missions, but his knowledge of marine biology is an asset.
Voiced by Keith Wickham
Dr. Shellington Sea Otter
Dr. Shellington Sea OtterThe team's marine biologist. Shellington is always there whenever the Octonauts need information about any creature they might encounter in their adventures.
Voiced by Keith Wickham
- As You Know
- Ditzy Genius: He can be this sometimes, but most of the time, he's just The Smart Guy.
- Instructional Dialogue
- Dr. Exposition
- Repeating so the Audience Can Hear Tunip's Simlish.
- The Smart Guy: When the Octonauts need information for any kind of creature, he is the go-to guy.
- The Klutz: That's why he is rarely seen driving a Gup.
- Voice with an Internet Connection
Tweak BunnyTweak is the team's engineer, dedicated to work on special devices to help the Octonauts in their missions or maintain the Octonauts. She is very fond of eating carrots.
Voiced by Jo Wyatt
Dashi DaschundThe Octonauts' information officer. Dashi is entrusted with maintaining and controlling the Octopod's computers. She also provides information to the Octonauts in the field. Dashi is a very good photographer and has a collection of cameras and pictures.
Voiced by Teresa Gallagher
- Damsel out of Distress:
- While waiting to be rescued from a whale shark's stomach, passes the time by taking interesting photos. No distress here.
- Calls for help... lifting a large creature back into the river where it belongs.
- Communications Officer
- Intrepid Reporter: Just watch her report the Iron Clam Competition.
- Nice Girl
- The Heart: Most of the time she's just a Nice Girl, but in the episode when she saved the eels from the earthquake, she became this. And her air tanks were getting low!
Tunip the Vegimal
Tunip the VegimalTunip is half-vegetable, half-animal creature that serves as the Octopod's cook and gardener. He and his fellow Vegimals are usually seen working to prepare meals for the Octonauts.
Voiced by Michael C. Murphy
- Badass Adorable: He used to be just The Cutie, but became a Bad Ass in "The Very Vegimal Christmas".
- Cheerful Child
- Catch Phrase: "Cheeba Cheeba!" when excited.
- The Ditz
- The Cutie
- Genius Ditz: Him and most of the other vegimals are kinda ditzy at times, especially Barrot, but they make a MEAN pudding. Plus in "The Very Vegimal Christmas" the lot of them saved the Octonauts. Tunip became ditzy to TOTALLY BADASS!
- Daddy's Girl: More like Daddy's Boy. He is good friends to all the Octonauts, but the closest to Shellington.
- Fainting: You know that something bad happens whenever Tunip faints.
- Intelligible Unintelligible
- Iron Butt Monkey
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Speaking Simlish
- Supreme Chef
- Took a Level in Badass: In "The Very Vegimal Christmas", Tunip and the Vegimals build a new GUP and use it to save the Octonauts from danger.