Characters: Survivor Cook Islands
open/close all folders
The Sole Survivor
Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth
Rebekah "Becky" Lee
- The Confidant: For Yul
- The Cutie
- Dethroning Moment of Suck: In-universe (specifically, in the eyes of the jury): the fire-making tiebreaker with Sundra. Becky eventually won it, but only after close to two hours of epic failure which clearly established the jury's final impression of her. As a result it pretty much destroyed any chance she had of winning (she ended up with zero votes).
- The Heart
- The Lancer: To Yul.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Even without the Epic Fail tie-braking challenge, the fact that she's with the season's resident Guile (Yul) and Action (Ozzy) heroes in the final three pretty much screwed her chances of winning.
- What Measure Is a Non-Badass?: Again, in-universe. While she was more or less an equal partner in Yul's strategizing, the other players didn't really see any of that; as a result, the jury basically accused her of riding Yul's coattails.
- Worthy Opponent
- The Big Guy
- Chekhov's Gun: Made a last-minute deal with Yul that if the Aitu 4 voted Jonathan out before him or Parvati, Yul would get Adam's jury vote. Yul agreed and voted Jonathan out, and true to his word, Adam voted for Yul to win.
- Graceful Loser: Surprisingly considering how much of a Jerkass he's shown to be throughout the game. After he was voted out, he congratulated the Aitu Four in his Last Words.
- Jerk Jock
- Kick the Dog: Was very mean to Christina preceeding her elimination.
- The Last Dance: Subverted. He tried to convince Ozzy, Becky and Sundra to vote for Yul and force him to use the idol, making him vulnerable at the next tribal council. However, since the Aitu Four are True Companions, nobody listened to him and he was voted out unanimously.
- Last of His Kind: The last member of Raro to remain in the game.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Romance on the Set: With Candice.
- Smug Snake
- The Cassandra: Tries to convince Raro that keeping Jonathan would be a bad move considering he had a high chance of flipping back to Aitu at the merge.
- Diabolus Ex Machina: She's voted out in a vote right after Rebecca, with little-to-no time for strategising or scrambling. She's, not surprisingly, miffed at how that went down.
- Happily Married
- Hot Mom
- Last of Her Kind: The last Asian on Raro, which the tribe sans Nate believed was good enough reason to keep her from the merge, seeing as Becky and Yul were still on Aitu and they feared she would flip back.
- Older Than She Looks: Would you believe she's 36? She barely looks a day over her twenties.
Jessica "Flicka" Smith
- The Ditz
- Expy: Of Courtney Marit from the previous season... at least in terms of fashion – not so much the latter's bipolar personality.
- Granola Girl
- Known Only by Their Nickname: "Flicka Flame" or just "Flicka".
- Odd Friendship: With Cao Boi and Ozzy to a lesser extent.
- Something Completely Different: Most people go onto Survivor to win it - others are at least looking for their fifteen minutes of fame. Jessica is one of the only people in the show's recent run who went onto Survivor simply for the experience. Indeed, she seems repelled at the very idea of trying to vote people out strategically, much to her ally Jonathan's frustration.
Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui
- Boomerang Bigot: He often made jokes at the Asian's expense, despite being a naturally-born Asian himself.
- Cassandra Truth: He wanted Jonathan and Candice out because he didn't trust them and thought they'd turn on Aitu. Lo and behold, a couple challenges later...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Irony: He never once considered that Yul would have the idol, which was made apparent when he made sure that Yul is the first to know of "Plan Voodoo."
- Known Only by Their Nickname: "Cao Boi"
- New-Age Retro Hippie: He even said that he identifies more so as a hippie than as an asian.
- Odd Friendship: With Ozzy and Flicka
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Pyro Maniac
- Cooky Old Asian Guy Has A Point: Even though he was totally irrelevant to the overall story of Cook Islands, Cao Boi did technically invent the idea of splitting up the votes in order to flush out the hidden immunity idol as well as maintain majority control of the tribe, AKA "Plan Voodoo."
- Younger Than They Look: Cao Boi was around 42 years old in Cook Islands, but looks at least ten years older.
- Disproportionate Retribution: She told Nate she wished she had some "mashed potatoes and gravy" - Nate uses this against her by telling the tribe that she's given up and wants to go home, despite not even saying that in the slightest (at least not that episode).
- This was possibly done as revenge for voting off Sekou rather than siding with them and voting out Sundra.
Jean-Paul "J.P." Calderon
- Ascended Fanboy
- Romance on the Set: With Candice before his elimination. Or, well, he thought it was.
- The Load: His team threw the challenge so they could vote him off.
- One of Us
- Too Clever by Half: According to Billy, Ozzy told him that the real reason he wanted him gone immediately was that he was a Survivor superfan and Ozzy didn't want someone like that going too far.