Characters / Sabrina: The Animated Series
This list only refers to the Animated Adaptation
. For characters of the live-action TV series see here
Voiced by: Emily Hart (The Animated Series) / Britt McKillip (Secret Life)
- Alliterative Name: Sabrina Spellman.
- Badass Adorable: Cute blonde teen girl, powerful witch with magical powers.
- Balloon Belly: In the final episode of The Animated Series, after eating enough garlic to fill an entire room.
- Bare Your Midriff: Slightly in The Animated Series as her outfit doesn't show her belly button and more so in Secret Life where it does.
- Blond Brunette Redhead: The Blond to Hilda's Brunette and Zelda's Redhead.
- Cool Loser: She and Chloe are only "losers" because that's what Gem considers them.
- Cute Witch: She's petite teenager witch, blond, pretty and usually a Nice Girl.
- Genki Girl: Very bubbly, cute and outgoing and pretty much the poster child of the Plucky Genki Girl.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A Nice Girl with long blonde hair.
- Idiot Heroine: Not dumb in the conventional sense, just careless enough to not get an injection that she knew she would need, give her worst enemy the job of serving food at her halloween party, switching lives with said enemy and granting her witch powers, giving witch cake to mortals....she pulls through in the end though. It gets worse in Sabrina's Secret Life.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Meaningful Name: Spellman.
- Naïve Everygirl: She's not shy, but can be insecure at times and is an overall idealistic Nice Girl often bullied by the Alpha Bitch.
- Pink Means Feminine: She's mostly seen wearing that color. In the first show her signature outfit was a white and pink crop top with a pink skirt.
- Plucky Girl: Definitely. She's always optimistic and never gives up.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In Sabrina's Secret Life she becomes more unpleasant.
- Witch Species: Half witch.
Voiced by: Melissa Joan Hart
Voiced by: Melissa Joan Hart
Voiced by: Jay Brazeau
- Butt Monkey
- Canon Foreigner: He only appears in the 1999 series. He was added in because with Hilda and Zelda as teenagers, there was no adult guardian living in the house.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: He disappears in Sabrina's Secret Life with no explanation. However, one could guess that he left because by then, Hilda and Zelda were legally adults at that point, and didn't serve a purpose anymore.
- Only Sane Man: The only family member with common sense.
Voiced by: Bill Switzer
- Badass Adorable: She's not afraid to go along with Sabrina's magic and she will stick it out until the end. She even stood up to Gem in the halloween episode.
- Black Best Friend: Of Sabrina.
- Canon Foreigner: She was created especially for the 1999 series. This could be because Viacom didn't want DiC to use any of the characters that only appeared in the 1996 live action show.
- Cool Loser
- Not So Above It All: maturity aside, she has a lot of fun messing with magic along with Sabrina and can get hung up on trends and popularity almost as much as her friend
- Put on a Bus: In Sabrina's Secret Life, she apparently "moved away".
- Sassy Black Woman
- Secret Keeper: She is the only mortal other than Uncle Quigley who knows that Sabrina is a witch.
- Team Mom: The most mature and down to earth of Sabrina's friends. She tries to keep the peace and has a maternal, nurturing side to her ("Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from a coven" and "Strange new world" confirm this)
- True Blue Femininity: Although her shade of blue is aqua blue.
Perry "Pi" McDonald
- Always Someone Better: He felt this way towards Tom in "Strange New World" and he did NOT like sharing the spotlight.
- Ambiguously Gay: He might have a crush on Harvey. Helps that he is prone to get jealous or angry whenever their relationship is threatened
- Asian and Nerdy: Fits the description quite well.
- Bad Liar: Happens whenever he's upset or guilty. Such as in Truth or Scare or Strange new world. He stammers uncontrollably and says utter nonsense until just giving up and coming clean.
- Badass Adorable: No matter how many times he's picked on, he fearlessly pursues the paranormal in 'Paranormal Pi'. Also in 'Hexcalibur' he becomes Merlin who is constantly disappointed and unsure of himself but will do anything to protect Arthur, even facing Morgana for him.
- Berserk Button: Messing with Harvey, especially in "Hexcalibur". Also do NOT upstage him in the classroom and make him feel neglected or else he will turn on you faster than you can say Yandere.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's normally the definition of chill and is one of the hardest people ever to annoy. Just don't push him too far.
- Blinding Bangs
- Canon Foreigner: Only appeared in the 1999 series.
- Catch Phrase: "Mi amigo" and "Chyeah." The latter probably means "Yes"
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: In Sabrina's Secret Life, he's gone with no explanation.
- The Cutie: Just like his friend Harvey.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: And a pretty one at that.
- Hidden Eyes: His hat almost always covers them.
- Genius Ditz: Sabrina even described him as "totally smart and really out of it at the same time".
- Nice Hat
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: He has his moments. "Witchitis" is a good example also the big Paranormal speach "Paranormal Pi" there are other times as well.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name is never mentioned. Not even once.
- Punny Name: Pi is a mathematical term and Pi himself appears to enjoy math as he speaks about equations in "Paranormal Pi". It could possibly also be a pun on the phrase P.I (private eye) considering his outfit resembles a classic private eye/spy getup.
- Shorter Means Smarter: He's the smallest of Sabrina's human friends and arguably the second shortest in the whole human pre-teen cast (beaten only by Bernard). He is also a nerdy genius.
- Surfer Dude: well sounds like one at least.
- Totally Radical: Oh, yes.
Voiced by: David Sobolov
Gemini "Gem" Stone
Voiced by: Chantal Strand
- Alpha Bitch: She's snobby, arrogant, bossy and vile, which contrast with Sabrina's personality.
- Between My Legs: In "Nothin' Says Lovin' Like Somethin' from a Coven".
- Canon Foreigner: Made especially for the 1999 series. Again with Viacom probably not wanting DiC to use Libby (DiC only used their characters and the characters already from the comics).
- Even Evil Has Standards: "When in Rome" reveals that even Gem would never intentionally kill someone.
- Expy: Canon Foreigner aside, she is pretty much the animated version of Libby.
- Freudian Excuse: As revealed in the episode "Witch Switch," most of her nastiness could be a result of some seriously demanding parents.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Harvey isn't exactly the coolest guy around, yet Gem has an all too transparent crush on him. Though perhaps only to make Sabrina jealous.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She and Sabrina compete in everything, mostly for Harvey's love, as both have a huge crush of him: However, Harvey prefers Sabrina.
- Green Eyes: Has green eyes.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Rarely shows, but it's there.
- Meaningful Name: Gemstones symbolize wealth.
- Punny Name
- Put on a Bus: In Sabrina's Secret Life, she left for boarding school.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Rich Bitch: Paid fellow students to do everything for her (even be her friends) and seemed to be unable to understand that they only tolerated her for her money (even in the Christmas Carol episode where she was shown even her parents hated being around her and her nanny screaming in glee that she was finally free when Gem died).
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Revealed in one episode, where her family are no longer rich. Even "no more money" is difficult for her to comprehend.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Spoiled Brat: She comes from the richest family in town.
- True Blue Femininity: The main color of her outfits is usually dark blue, in contrast with Sabrina's pink.
Tim the Witch Smeller
Voiced by: Bob Bergen
Voiced by: N/A
Voiced by: N/A
Voiced by: N/A
Voiced by: N/A