- Dark and Troubled Past: His family move to Aioi to start farming and failed. They fell into debt, forcing the mother to work a part-time job and the father to take another job. The stress of being in debt made her sick, so Kousaku's father had to work farther away from his family, until Kousaku's mother died and Kousaku's father abandoned the farm and his son. As a result, Minori's family raised him.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even a well-known pervert like him has his limits, and some of Bekki-sensei's depraved antics are way beyond what he can stomach.
- Fanboy: Of "Yuka-tan".
- Gratuitous English: Likes to sprinkle English words and phrases here and there:"Kusakabe Yuka-tan is God!"
- Heroic BSOD: Played for Laughs in the beginning, when he heard of Yuka's sudden retirement.
- I Knew It: His In-Universe reaction to Bekki-sensei openly admitting to exploiting her status as daughter of a local assemblyman to remain in her post in spite of her sheer lack of moral values.
- Loony Fan: Borderline example towards Ringo's idol alter-ego Yuka-tan. So far Ringo has no reaction to this.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: One of his defining traits. He acts more restrained as the story progresses.
- Meta Guy: Frequently hangs lampshades and breaks the fourth wall throughout the series.
- Nice Guy: He's generally a helpful person when given the chance.
- Parental Abandonment: He has lost all contact with his father and his mother is died from overwork and stress.
- Oblivious to Love: Does not notice Minori's affections for him (like that one time when she willingly gave him her panties). His obsession with Yuka-tan doesn't help. This is lampshaded twice by Kei, who warns him that his obliviousness will get him in trouble one day, and by Rintarou, who pointed out why Minori makes for a good housewife (and even that still flies over his head).
Ringo Kinoshita/Yuka Kusakabe
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: As her "student" persona.
- A-Cup Angst: So much so Kousaku had to restrain her from hitting Bekki-sensei with kitchen utensils in Episode 8 when she deliberately mocks her flat chest.
- Berserk Button: Kousaku being too intimate with another girl? She emits a rather scary aura. Bekki-sensei mocking her bust size? She will have none of that. Belittling her friends? She will not let it slide.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Minori's Betty.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Despite her aloofness, she can be very assertive whenever she wants to. In addition, don't make fun of her bust size.
- City Mouse: Subverted. Minori thinks she's this and tries to humiliate her with various farming contests, but the girl turns out to have quite a talent.
- Cleavage Window: Her idol outfit.
- Clingy Jealous Girl:
- Does not like Kousaku being too close to Minori. Interestingly, this crops up almost right away. During the king's game in episode 2, she snaps her stick when Kousaku gets the king's stick and accidentally has Minori do strange stuff to him, such as putting her foot on his face.
- She has a Cat Fight with Minori in episode 3, then their dueling cools off for a while afterwards.
- In episode 11, after he comments that Minori's dress makes her look pregnant, the latter is about to comment that it would make them look like a married couple, but is interrupted by Ringo shoving her butt into and knocking her over. She also gets quite upset when she finds out that Minori's family is planning a marriage between her and Kousaku in episode 11.
- Emotionless Girl: Her expression rarely changes when in Sugar and Ice Personality mode. In Episode 4, she says that she has lost her ability to smile. Her friends speculate that it is due to mental exhaustion from her idol career.
- Genki Girl: Her "idol" persona.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her "idol" looks and her "student" looks have different variants.
- Girly Run
- Idol Singer: Her prior occupation.
- In-Series Nickname: Yuka-tan during her idol days and Ringo-cchi given to her by Minori.
- Lethal Chef: According to Minori and Kochou, her miso tastes sour and fishy. Then Ringo reveals she boiled her slippers' insole paddings to give it the appearance of red miso. Even Kousaku is not amused.
- Meganekko: Sports this look when being introduced to her new classmates.
- Nerves of Steel: Almost nothing can faze this girl. Being forced to wear a skimpy Dragon Quest bikini armor? She takes it in stride. A bunch of caterpillars? She calmly pick them up and put them in her hand one at a time. A smelly hen house? Doesn't flinch one bit. A horde of cockroaches? She stomps them one by one without batting an eye. However, she still has her own Berserk Buttons as mentioned above.
- New Transfer Student: Her sudden transfer to Kousaku's school kickstarts the story.
- The Quiet One: What she is in real life, which greatly contrasts with her lively idol persona.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Acts very reserved toward her classmates.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: When not being an idol.
- Tranquil Fury: Due to being an Emotionless Girl.
- When She Smiles: When the stoic Ringo finally manages to have a heartfelt smile, all her friends are stunned.
Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa (Japanese), Lynsey Hale (English)Kousaku's tomboyish childhood friend, who has feelings for him.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Her brows are thicker than the other main characters.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Ringo's Veronica.
- Big Breast Pride: She loves to flaunt them at Ringo, or to try and get Kousaku's attention with them.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Cannot Spit It Out: Has feelings for Kousaku, but can't bring herself to tell him outright, although she hints at it, such as telling him he'll just marry a girl from their town and become a regular farmer in the first episode. He then points out that she's the only girl his age, causing her to blush.
- Childhood Friend: Grew up with Kousaku. In episode 5, Kosaku explains that because of his Missing Mom, and his dad working late, that he had to live with her, and her parents essentially raised him due to his father abandoning him shortly after his mother died.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Outright declares that she won't let Ringo take Kousaku. She also destroyed all of the Ringo related merchandise in his room, such as posters, under the pretext of his mom asking her to do it.
- Covert Pervert:
- In Episode 2, after seeing Kousaku getting excited at the chance of handling Ringo's panties, she decides that if Kousaku likes panties that much, he can take hers instead.
- In Episode 4, when Kousaku comes to her room late at night, she immediately assumes the dirtiest scenario, then proceeds to redecorate her room to look like a Love Hotel room and make herself Ready for Lovemaking.
- In Episode 5, she gets a little too excited when talking about bathing together with Kousaku.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Minori subjects Kousaku to physical punishment, sometimes justified, and other times due to some Tsundere tendencies.
- Gainaxing: In the third episode and its ending song.
- Girl Next Door
- Idiot Hair: Which also functions as Expressive Hair.
- In-Series Nickname: Minoppoyo given to her by Ringo.
- Kansai Regional Accent
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: To Kousaku.
- Shorttank: Emphasized by her casual outfits.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Shares the exact same face as her mother and sisters.
- Vapor Wear: Reveals that she didn't wear a bra after giving Kosaku her red shirt in order to distract the bull in the first episode.
Voiced by: Wataru Hatano (Japanese), Derick Snow (English)Kousaku's best friend and fellow pervert.
- Ambiguously Bi: He seems to enjoy shooting yogurt on Kousaku a little too much.
- Bromantic Foil: To Kousaku, albeit downplayed in that he actually has a girl pining for him in secret.
- The Comically Serious: Tries to keep a cool-guy act in public, but when talking about perverted things, he actually gets riled up.
- I Have No Son: Inverted example. Kei disowned his father, a businessman dealing in agriculture. In episode 10, he reveals that his mother died because of the chemicals his father insisted on using on their crops. As a result, he ran away and had his aunt adopt him so he could take her last name instead of his father's.
- Large Ham: Primarily when it concerns perverted subjects.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Just a little more restrained than Kousaku. Until he gets riled up.
- Oblivious to Love: Remains unaware of Kochou's affections for him; unlike Kousaku's case, however, he's not wholly at fault, given the latter's awkward approach.
- Put on a Bus: He goes overseas at the end of episode 10 to get some more farm training.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Played for Laughs.
- Serious Business: He goes into a monologue about panties in Episode 2.
Kochou "Boin" Yoshida
Voiced by: Marina Inoue (Japanese), Megan Shipman (English)A snobbish girl in Animal Husbandry Department, known for a great rack and a rivalry with Agricultural Department, where Kousaku and his friends belong. Member of the "Shitennou" ("Four Kings of Farming"), a clique of the school's top students. She has a crush on Kei, and gets easily flustered from interacting with him.
- Accidental Misnaming: Her schoolmates tend to call her "Boobs" instead of her real name.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She likes Kei, but can't bring herself to tell him.
- D-Cup Distress: Yoshida suffers from this when some of the other students mentions her breasts in a derogatory manner.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Full-Name Basis: How she addresses others, when she is not calling them pigs.
- Gag Boobs: Her most prominent trait, which are ridiculously big, and very prone to Gainaxing.
- In-Series Nickname: "Boin Yoshida", "Boobs" (oppai) among other variants.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: For all her snobbery, her love for animals is undisputed. One such instance is when Kousaku's gang manages to incapacitate a monkey who frequently messes up their crops and consider offing him (except Ringo), her solution is to send him to the local zoo, where he will be taken care of and have a handful of mates to keep him company.
- Put on a Bus: She goes overseas with Kei to learn more farming techniques at the end of episode 10.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Suffers this in episode 9 after several of the other characters strip her down to her underwear in an attempt to have her join them at the "beach". Which in reality is one of the flooded fields at their school during a typhoon.
- Tsundere: Type A towards Kei.
- Verbal Tic: When flustered, she mispronounces "na" as "nya", "no" as "nyo", and so forth.
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 8 focuses on a day filled with her depraved antics going Up to Eleven.
- All of the Other Reindeer: According to her flashback, she was either bullied or ignored by her classmates back from way before she was her students' age.
- Berserk Button: Mentioning that she's a Christmas Cake to her face will not end well.
- Body Sushi: Attempted this in episode 8 and her students weren't amused.
- Butt Monkey: She gets smacked around a lot in Episode 8.
- Iron Buttmonkey: She even gets thrown out a third floor window.
- Christmas Cake: She's a single 40-year-old, and very bitter about it. Adding insult to injury is the fact that her students are less than receptive to her childish antics.
- Cute and Psycho: Played for Laughs. One minute she puts up a Genki Girl act while talking about her escapades to her students, then come the next she's emitting a dark aura, speaking in a Creepy Monotone, and occasionally sporting Dull Eyes of Unhappiness.
- The Eeyore: She sometimes acts like a Genki Girl, but then when she mentions very private stuff she did in her personal life, such as being a Christmas Cake, it often brings down the mood of her entire class.
- Emotion Bomb: Played for Laughs but her middle-aged Genma Fist causes her students fall into Heroic BSOD.
- Fan Disservice: Her students do not appreciate her depraved behavior in the classroom one bit.
- Hot Teacher: Has good looks for a woman her age, but the students don't find her attractive.
- Kawaiiko: As a facade to hide her insecurities about her single life.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Her perverted shenanigans are Played for Laughs.
- Mood-Swinger: Can switch from being energetic and chipper to brooding and menacing in a blink of an eye.
- Mrs. Robinson: Although she's single, she acts this way towards Kousaku at times.
- Older Than She Looks: Looks too young to be 40 years old.
- Power Gives You Wings: When she gets pissed off enough, the wings on her usual outfit expands and she obtains superpowers.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: When Kousaku explicitly asks why she's still a teacher after all her shameless antics, she mentions that her father is a prefectural assemblyman.
- Sensei-chan: She often puts on a Genki Girl facade, and seems a little too unprofessional as a teacher towards her students most of the time. Then there's her depraved antics that would make Yoshinoya-sensei look innocent.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Besides looking half her age, she will take every opportunity to suit up in rather skimpy outfits or show off in the nude, including stripping off and putting food on her body in front of her class. It only grosses her students out even more than she already does by even simply trying to be young.
- Woman Child: So much so she resents the fact that her younger sister apparently matured earlier than her, being already a mother to a ninth-grade girl with a healthy adolescent life (and a steady boyfriend).
Akari "Bio" Suzuki
- Camera Fiend: She and her underlings will never let any homoerotic moment passes by.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Has cross-shaped pupils.
- Large Ham
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Mad Scientist: Acts like one.
- The Tease
- Yaoi Fangirl: Kousaku outright calls her a fujoshi.
Rintarou "Woodman" Miyamoto
Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama (Japanese), Jarrod Greene (English)Head of Forestry Department and one of the Shitennou.
- Badass Longcoat
- Hot-Blooded: Considering his voice actor, this is a given.
- Large Ham
- Manly Tears
- No Indoor Voice
- No Shirt, Long Jacket
- Punny Name: Rin (林) means forest.
Kaoru "Rose" Hanazono
- Abhorrent Admirer: Of Kousaku, much to his chagrin.
- Beauty Mark: Under his left eye.
- Bishōnen: Kousaku outright calls him one.
- Camp Gay: Seems like a womanizing pretty boy at first, but is actually this.
- Gratuitous English: "YES I AM!"
- Gratuitous Italian: "Belíssimo."
- Large Ham
- Punny Name: "Hana" means "flower".
- Something About a Rose: Always has a rose in his hand. It's even his nickname.
Torao "Money" Kanegami
Voiced by: Mariko Higashiuchi (Japanese), Morgan Garrett (English)Head of Agronomics Department and one of the Shitennou.
- Absolute Cleavage: Wears her jacket open and doesn't wear a bra.
- I Regret Nothing: Doesn't mind earning a three-week suspension for her money-grubbing antics so long as she is having fun (and also gets to teach her schoolmates valuable lessons in life).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Yes, she's a scheming money-grubber, but compared to Akari she's a relatively nicer person. She will often give Kousaku practical advice or reward them for helping her, such as loaning them the bus to go to the beach at the end of episode 9.
- Manipulative Bitch: Is skilled at using people desire so they can do what she wants.
- Ore Onna
- Punny Name: "Kane" means "money".
- Stealth Mentor: On the surface she teaches unethical business strategies. Her true intent, however, is to foster teamwork and camaraderie on her proteges.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- Silent Snarker: Occasionally reacts to Kousaku and his friends' hijinks with consternation.
- Team Pet
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots.