open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Volleyball-focused shows Attack No. 1 and Attacker You! have just about all the girls who play the sport wear the shirt-and-bloomers version.
- Bloomer Blue Maniacs: As the name suggests, this outfit is worn; specifically, the protagonist Chiihaya sees a girl in bloomers pass by her, which gets her attention, so she begins the search for her "Bloomer Girl".
- In Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!, there is a high school what is one of few high school what still use old gymsuits what gets attacked by an Ultimaguil called Turtle Guildy.
- Used in Haruhi Suzumiya, mainly in the first episode, when Taniguchi spends the P.E. period ogling the girls in gym uniforms. Their briefs, in particular.
- Used in Highschool DXD by the Occult Research club female member (for the joy of Issei) in the dodgeball match against the Student Council, another group who have a rivalry with the research club.
- The Irregular at Magic High School: Erika Chiba wears this during one episode but comments are made that it's a severely outdated style not commonly worn anymore.
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: Rikka Takanashi wears this during the Christmas Episode on the suggestion of Shinka Nibutani who in turn heard it from Touka Takanashi because the latter claims that Rikka's boyfriend, Yuuta Togashi, would really like it.
- The Beauty in Erika's Gym is shown to be wearing one in Pokémon Origins during a summary sequence which features Red battling Erika.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica has them as part of Homura's "awesomeness montage" in the first episode, and again much later, in a flashback where she's considerably less good at everything. This includes a mild fanservice shot of her doing a high-jump in slow motion, which might be why the whole segment was cut from the Compilation Movie.
- Nanoka and her friends are shown wearing these in Koi Kaze. Notably, this doesn't appear to be fanservice, but instead serves as one of the details that date the timeframe of this series to the nineties.
- Like with everything else, the girls of Gensokyo are often drawn in fan art or Fan Vids wearing School Sport Uniforms. This is especially prevalent with the more "close-combat" oriented characters, such as Hong Meiling, Youmu Konpaku, Yuugi Hoshiguma or Byakuren Hijiri, but certainly not exclusive.
- Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Ayane, Hitomi and others can win a shirt and bloomers costume in several games or get it via DLC. Being a fighting game series you can expect good looks at their legs.
- Elsword provides a few:
- Aisha, Ara and Eve can equip the classic combination of white T-shirt and bloomers, while Rena adds a jacket to her ensemble.
- Elsword goes with the typical male version, in other words gym shorts, Chung dons the female version since it's cuter and Raven goes for the PE teacher look (trousers, jacket, kendo stick).
- THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls: Nagatomi Hasumi wears this with a jacket in one of her cards.
- Pangya: The "Passionate Training Set" is available for multiple characters which consists of a jacket, the bloomers and additional items like shoes. The set changes some animations like shots or the Idle Animation in the lounge.
- Rival Schools: As captain of Gorin High's volleyball team, Natsu Ayuhara fights in her team uniform, which consists of a jersey, knee pads, and bloomers◊. So you get to see plenty of leg and a bit of her behind during her fights. In the sequel ("Project Justice"), she switches to a regular pair of gym shorts.
- Senran Kagura has this as a costume you can get in some of the games. Additionally, Hibari was designed with this look in mind, though switching the shirt out for track jacket.
- Konoha from Arcana Heart wears an outfit what is a school sport uniform mixed alongside with ninja accessories.
- Yuugi Hoshiguma from Touhou wears a shirt that strongly resembles one, which makes sense as it would be easy to do exercises in that.
- CLANNAD: Kyou Fujibayashi (pictured above) often wears this during sport with her white thighhigh socks for even greater effect. The female extras in various scenes of the anime also generally wear this style when appropriate, sometimes with jackets.
- Katawa Shoujo: Emi Ibarazaki practically lives in one.
- Fate/stay night: Illya wears one in her No Fourth Wall appearances in the Tiger Dojo.
- If you are interested in getting a set for yourself, J-Box has you covered.