Characters: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
open/close all folders
This is a character sheet for the Far Cry 3
stand alone expansion, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Sgt. Rex "Power" Colt
"Let's show them how Cyber-Commandos get it done."
The central protagonist and all round Badass. After falling in battle Sergeant Rex Colt was rebuilt into a new breed of soldier. A Cyber-Commando. He was considered the pinnacle of the Cyber-Commando Mark IV series but was deemed obsolete once the Mark Vs were introduced. Problem is, someone forgot to send Rex the memo...
Voiced by Michael Biehn.
Lt. TT. "Spider" Brown
"Mark IV style, motherfucka!"
Rex's best friend and comrade in arms. They were even rebuilt into Cyber-Commandos together. Spider is a hacking and infiltration specialist. He relies on Rex to keep the enemy distracted whilst he goes about his business.
Voiced by Phil La Marr
Dr. Elizabeth Veronica Darling
Dr. Darling: Rex, that was amazing!
Rex Colt: No. Paintings of sad clowns and dogs playing poker are amazing. This is just the job.
Dr. Darling was a refugee from Canada, escaping after the US and Russia decided to use its cities as the setting for a game of "nuclear hockey." A potent combination of looks and smarts she began working for the US in order to get back at the Russians. Eventually she found herself working for Sloan and naturally assumed she was still with the good guys. When Elizabeth discovered otherwise she looked for a way escape and to help undo his terrible plans.
Voiced by Grey Delisle
Col. Ike Sloan
"I'm trying to make the world a better place. No more coddlin' the weak. No more politicians and lawyers and goddamn Democrats. It's gonna be survival of the fittest!"
Once regarded as a hero and the ideal soldier, Col. Sloan has become the enemy not just of the US but the entire world. Hell bent on starting a new apocalypse in order to usher in an era ruled by only the strong, with him as it's supreme leader.
- Bad Boss: Doesn't care if Rex wipes out hundreds of his soldiers. In fact, he even applauds Colt for having gotten rid of the weaklings among his ranks. Rex points out that he used to care about his men, clearly disgusted with what his old commanding officer has become.
- Big Bad
- Broken Pedestal: Both Rex and Spider served under him. Neither could quite believe he'd went rogue, appalled by the idea he'd turned his back on his country.
- Comes Great Insanity: It seems his new found power has cost him his mental health.
- Comic Book Fantasy Casting: He looks like a cyborg version of Bennett from Commando, down to the moustache and the baffling chainmail shirt.
- Cutscene Boss
- Cyborg: A Mark V Cyber-Commando, infused with Dragon Blood to make his cybernetics even more powerful
- Empowered Badass Normal: Even stronger with the addition of Dragon Blood to "super-charge" his cybernetics enhancements.
- Fallen Hero: Once a respected leader and ideal soldier. There's a reason he was the template for all Cyber-Commandos.
- Faux Affably Evil: Sloan always acts incredibly jovial, even when he's berating his henchmen.
- Large Ham: Especially when he reveals to Colt that he is his maker.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He claims Colt there was nothing left of him when he was restored, just DNA. All his skills and even his few memories are actually Sloan's. He's essentially his maker.
Sloan: I am your father!
- Might Makes Right
- Social Darwinist: Believes only the strong should survive and the weak should perish. He feels the US and their enemies have all gone soft because they're trying to make peace, so he sets about wiping both sides out, leaving only the strong once again.
- We Can Rule Together: Offers both Spider and Rex a place at his side. They both tell him to shove it.
"Welcome Sergeant Rex "Power" Colt, to your last day on earth! Release the Man-Kraken!"
Dr. Darlings former colleague and Sloan's main scientific mind. Unlike Elizabeth he is continuing to willingly work with Sloan even when aware of his insane plans. His notes scattered around the island reveal more about his one way attraction to Darling and how much of an asshole he is.
- Abhorrent Admirer
- The Ace: What he seems to be shooting for: super-genius and an amazing physique, at least at first.
- All There in the Manual: Before you encounter him in-game, you get a pretty detailed insight into him if you collect his notes. He comes off as an annoying, self-absorbed prick.
- Asshole Victim: He suffers twice for his massive ego and narcissism. The first time he loses use of his legs and eventually his privates. The second time the AI he's been mistreating turns on him and kills him. Both are well deserved.
- Casanova Wannabe: Revealed through his notes to believe his colleague Elizabeth is taken with him, despite all evidence to the contrary. Including a pretty strong rebuke from Elizabeth that he somehow interprets as flirtation.
- The Dog Bites Back: His AI turns against him and kills him. Apparently the female AI grew tired of his constant belittlement and being called an "8-Bit piece of fucking hardware." It's strongly implied she's been deliberately sabotaging him the moment Rex arrived, from setting off voice activated grenades to warning Rex about the Running Dead.
- Insufferable Genius
- Mad Scientist
- Narcissist: The main reason he can't fathom why someone isn't attracted to him.
- Smug Snake
- Stalker with a Crush/Villainous Crush: He's pretty obessed with Elizabeth. Despite his less than convincing claims he's moved past her in his notes.
- The Unfought: Both the Man-Kraken and himself.
- The Unseen: He even dies offscreen. Though judging by the screams, it wasn't quick or remotely painless.
The Blood Dragons
The titular creatures; bloodthirsty lizards who shoot laser beams out of their eyes and can't get enough of tasty cyber hearts.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Their blood can do all sorts of crazy things, like supercharging cybernetics or turning people into zombies.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The glowing spot on their chests is their weak point. It's hard to reach most of the time, though.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: They glow white when undisturbed, yellow when attracted to a cyber heart and red when hostile.
- Eye Beams: It almost makes them blind but who cares? They shoot lasers out of their eyes!
- Mama Bear: One of the Dragons in Sloan's nursery isn't at all happy with Rex torching her eggs.
- Mechanical Monster: They appear to be at least partly cybernetic.
- Mini-Boss: At the start of the game, they are extremely tough. They even have their own visible health bar. However, once Rex has levelled up sufficiently, the Dragons lose some of their edge.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Required Secondary Powers: They're fire-immune, which prevents their beams from burning up their eyes, but they presumably lack the ability for their eyes to withstand the intense light, hence their bad vision.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cyber hearts.
Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System
BADASS: I AM THE BATTLE ARMORED DRAGON ASSAULT STRIKE SYSTEM. YOUR KILLSTAR CONTROLS MY BRAIN CAGE, INSTRUCTING ME THAT YOU ARE MY RIDER.
Colt: Hello, gorgeous.
BADASS: I AM EQUIPPED WITH A HYDRAULICALLY POWERED TERROR-4000 CANNON AND TITANIUM TRAUMA PLATES.
Colt: I think I'll take you out for a spin.
The Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System is the destined mount of the one who has proven worthy to wield the Killstar. It is, simply put, a Blood Dragon in full battle armor and possessing ridiculous firepower.
The Battle Dragon assists you during the final assault on Sloans base. It also shoots lasers from its fucking eyes!