open/close all foldersThis is a character sheet for the Far Cry 3 stand alone expansion, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.
Sgt. Rex "Power" Colt
"Let's show them how Cyber-Commandos get it done."The central protagonist and all round Badass. After falling in battle Sergeant Rex Colt was rebuilt into a new breed of soldier. A Cyber-Commando. He was considered the pinnacle of the Cyber-Commando Mark IV series but was deemed obsolete once the Mark Vs were introduced. Problem is, someone forgot to send Rex the memo...Voiced by Michael Biehn.
- The Ahnold: He's basically a parody of eighties action heroes complete with quips, puns and massive guns.
- Anti-Hero: He'll often just slaughter his way through armies of cyborgs just to save the world.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: As if the name Rex Colt isn't cool enough, he has the nickname of "Power" as well.
- Badass Normal: He was a certified badass before he was brought back from the dead as a Cyber-Commando. Darling mentions him saving her (and quite a few others) a few years back. Rex informs her he doesn't recall much before his death.
- Big Bad: His Killstar-possessed self is the central antagonist of Trials of the Blood Dragon.
- Big "NO!": When Spider is killed. He also delivers another when Sloan claims he was nothing but a corpse given his memories and skills.
- Blood Knight: He doesn't care what happens so long as he gets to shoot someone in the process.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As "Evil Rex Colt", he was driven mad by the Killstar and became a communist. His kids snap him out of it by the end.
- Cyborg: A Mark IV Cyber-Commando.
- Dark and Troubled Past: While Rex makes an attack on the dam, Dr. Darling makes a mention about some of the things he's done. Rex would prefer not to talk about some of the things that has happened in his life. Though part of this is actually humility on Rex's part.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's always got a quip ready for when he kills someone.
- Disappeared Dad: In the intro of Trials of the Blood Dragon, after his wife disappears, he leaves his kids due to depression to immerse himself in Vietnam War 4, and apparently is killed in battle. Instead, he defects due to going insane from possessing the Killstar for far too long, forcing his kids to take him down and revert him back to normal.
- Dragon Rider: In the finale he rides into battle upon the B.A.D.A.S.S.
- Drugs Are Bad: When Elizabeth offers a version of Sloans Dragon Blood serum to make him stronger, minus the ugly side effects, Colt rejects the offer telling her he made a promise to a special lady back home: Lady Liberty.Rex: She taught me that winners...don't use drugs.
- Eagleland: His speech about not taking drugs REEKS of the Type 1 flavor.
- Electronic Eyes: Rex's "Cyber Eye" which not only looks awesome but is also capable of highlighting and tracking enemies.
- Empowered Badass Normal: After being brought back as an unstoppable killing machine.
- The Hero
- Heroic Willpower: Rex fights off the programming stopping him from killing Sloan with sheer will. Destroying him in over the top fashion in the process.
- Hollywood Action Hero: Specifically, he's a parody of action heroes of 80s movies.
- Honor Before Reason: Rejects a serum to become more powerful because "Winners don't use drugs." This may be war but he'll win it the right way.
- Humble Hero: Rex engages in some pretty incredible heroics and whilst he'll revel in his success, he immediately deflects any praise. He's just doing his duty.
- Identity Amnesia: Who he was prior to being restored is largely lost to him. He only has a few fleeting memories of his childhood, parents and Vietnam War II. Though it turns out even those aren't his own memories after all.
- Ignorant of the Call: Regardless of how ridiculously awesome the latest feat he's just pulled off is, or how much it impresses Dr. Elizabeth, Rex brushes it off as just part of job.
- Ink-Suit Actor: He's basically Michael Biehn with a cyborg eye.
- Last of His Kind: Spider and Rex are the last Mark IV Commandos still fighting the good fight. Colt becomes the last once Sloan kills Spider.
- Martial Arts Headband: Puts one belonging to Spider on before the final battle with Sloan. It even has Japanese writing on it.
- Older Is Better: Despite both Sloan and Carlyle's claims to the contrary. The Mark IVs may be obsolete on paper, but on the battlefield they clean the floor with multiple Mark Vs.
- One-Man Army: Unlike Jason Brody, stealth is a lot less necessary for him. An entire army of cyborgs and large numbers of Blood Dragons barely slows him down.
- Patriotic Fervor: The man burns with a passion for his country.
- Pungeon Master: Whether it's in the form of a Bond One-Liner or Pre-Asskicking One-Liner Colt will fire puns off in rapid succession.
- Restraining Bolt: In a Shout-Out to Robocop, it's revealed that Rex can't harm the source of his programming, Sloan, at least until he fights it through will alone.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: He can breathe underwater indefinitely.
- Tragic Keepsake: Spider's headband. He wears it into the final battle.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Apparently he cost around a billion dollars to rebuild.
- Would Not Shoot a Civilian: After attempting to bomb Sloan's dam (the C4000 was a dud) Rex is briefly but noticeably upset to learn that there were innocent scientists inside, and relieved that the bombs didn't go off.
Lt. TT. "Spider" Brown
"Mark IV style, motherfucka!"Rex's best friend and comrade in arms. They were even rebuilt into Cyber-Commandos together. Spider is a hacking and infiltration specialist. He relies on Rex to keep the enemy distracted whilst he goes about his business.Voiced by Phil LaMarr
- Black Best Friend: To Rex. They were apparently good friends before being killed and resurrected together as unstoppable killing machines. But the experience made them bond even more.
- Black Dude Dies First: Given how troperiffic this game is, Spider was doomed from the outset.
- Cool Mask
- Cyborg: A Mark IV Cyber-Commando.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Like Rex
- If I Do Not Return: Before the end of their mission he tells Rex to pass on his love to his wife and kids if he doesn't make it. Rex tells him he'll be doing it himself. We know he's a dead man from that instant onward.
- Jive Turkey: "WAKEY WAKEY MUTHAFUCKA!"
- Last of His Kind: Rex and Spider are the last Mark IV Commandos.
- Playful Hacker: Deliberately hacks Rex's HUD forcing his Female AI to put him through a long and tedious tutorial.
- Stuffed in the Fridge: A walking parody of the entire concept. Killed by Sloan and serving to drive Rex on to avenge him. And America.
Dr. Elizabeth Veronica Darling
Dr. Darling: Rex, that was amazing!Dr. Darling was a refugee from Canada, escaping after the US and Russia decided to use its cities as the setting for a game of "nuclear hockey." A potent combination of looks and smarts she began working for the US in order to get back at the Russians. Eventually she found herself working for Sloan and naturally assumed she was still with the good guys. When Elizabeth discovered otherwise she looked for a way escape and to help undo his terrible plans.Voiced by Grey Delisle.
Rex Colt: No. Paintings of sad clowns and dogs playing poker are amazing. This is just the job.
Rex Colt: No. Paintings of sad clowns and dogs playing poker are amazing. This is just the job.
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: Heavily resembles Rocky IV-era Brigitte Nielsen.
- Defector from Decadence
- Enemy Mine: Joined the US in order to fight against Russia.
- Evil All Along: The ending seems to indicate she is at least up to no good, and at worst a fully-fledged villain who just had Rex take out her competition.
- Trials of the Blood Dragon reveals that she is actually a Blood Dragon in human form. And yet still somehow managed to bear Rex's kids. She's revealed in the end to be preparing to invade Earth.
- Greater-Scope Villain: In Trials of the Blood Dragon she is revealed to be manipulating her children in order to launch a full-scale Blood Dragon invasion on Earth.
- Hero-Worshipper: She greatly admires Rex Colt's many badass deeds, but she also displays a fondness for the man beneath the killing machine.
- Hot Scientist
- Love Interest: For Rex.
- Missing Mom: Trails of the Blood Dragon has her disappearing from the lives of her husband and children in the intro sequence.
- Punny Name: "Elizabeth Veronica" makes her both Betty and Veronica. No need for a love triangle.
- Revealing Hug/Traitor Shot: Right at the end a rather unsubtle but still quite creepy Sequel Hook moment has Elizabeth suddenly turn to the viewer with an evil grin and glowing purple eyes.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Engages in this after getting intimate with Colt.
- You Can't Go Home Again: She fled her home after the nukes started dropping. By all accounts there's nothing left to return to.
- Voice with an Internet Connection
Col. Ike Sloan
"I'm trying to make the world a better place. No more coddlin' the weak. No more politicians and lawyers and goddamn Democrats. It's gonna be survival of the fittest!"Once regarded as a hero and the ideal soldier, Col. Sloan has become the enemy not just of the US but the entire world. Hell bent on starting a new apocalypse in order to usher in an era ruled by only the strong, with him as it's supreme leader.
- Bad Boss: Doesn't care if Rex wipes out hundreds of his soldiers. In fact, he even applauds Colt for having gotten rid of the weaklings among his ranks. Rex points out that he used to care about his men, clearly disgusted with what his old commanding officer has become.
- Big Bad
- Broken Pedestal: Both Rex and Spider served under him. Neither could quite believe he'd went rogue, appalled by the idea he'd turned his back on his country.
- Comes Great Insanity: It seems his new found power has cost him his mental health.
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: He looks like a cyborg version of Bennett from Commando, down to the moustache and the baffling chainmail shirt.
- Cutscene Boss
- Cyborg: A Mark V Cyber-Commando, infused with Dragon Blood to make his cybernetics even more powerful
- Empowered Badass Normal: Even stronger with the addition of Dragon Blood to "super-charge" his cybernetics enhancements.
- Fallen Hero: Once a respected leader and ideal soldier. There's a reason he was the template for all Cyber-Commandos.
- Faux Affably Evil: Sloan always acts incredibly jovial, even when he's berating his henchmen.
- Large Ham: Especially when he reveals to Colt that he is his maker.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He claims Colt there was nothing left of him when he was restored, just DNA. All his skills and even his few memories are actually Sloan's. He's essentially his maker.Sloan: I am your father!Colt: NOOOO!
- Might Makes Right
- Social Darwinist: Believes only the strong should survive and the weak should perish. He feels the US and their enemies have all gone soft because they're trying to make peace, so he sets about wiping both sides out, leaving only the strong once again.
- Two-Faced: As if his cybernetic left eye and jaw weren't enough, his experiments with Dragon Blood has horribly burned and mutated the left side of his face.
- We Can Rule Together: Offers both Spider and Rex a place at his side. They both tell him to shove it.
"Welcome Sergeant Rex "Power" Colt, to your last day on earth! Release the Man-Kraken!"Dr. Darlings former colleague and Sloan's main scientific mind. Unlike Elizabeth he is continuing to willingly work with Sloan even when aware of his insane plans. His notes scattered around the island reveal more about his one way attraction to Darling and how much of an asshole he is.
- Abhorrent Admirer
- The Ace: What he seems to be shooting for: super-genius and an amazing physique, at least at first.
- All There in the Manual: Before you encounter him in-game, you get a pretty detailed insight into him if you collect his notes. He comes off as an annoying, self-absorbed prick.
- Apocalyptic Log: His notes detail what happens to him when he injects himself with dragon blood. He doesn't die from this, though.
- Asshole Victim: He suffers twice for his massive ego and narcissism. The first time he loses use of his legs and eventually his privates. The second time the AI he's been mistreating turns on him and kills him. Both are well deserved.
- Casanova Wannabe: Revealed through his notes to believe his colleague Elizabeth is taken with him, despite all evidence to the contrary. Including a pretty strong rebuke from Elizabeth that he somehow interprets as flirtation.
- The Dog Bites Back: His AI turns against him and kills him. Apparently the female AI grew tired of his constant belittlement and being called an "8-Bit piece of fucking hardware." It's strongly implied she's been deliberately sabotaging him the moment Rex arrived, from setting off voice activated grenades to warning Rex about the Running Dead.
- Insufferable Genius
- Mad Scientist
- Narcissist: The main reason he can't fathom why someone isn't attracted to him.
- Smug Snake
- Stalker with a Crush/Villainous Crush: He's pretty obessed with Elizabeth. Despite his less than convincing claims he's moved past her in his notes.
- The Unfought: Both the Man-Kraken and himself.
- The Unseen: He even dies offscreen. Though judging by the screams, it wasn't quick or remotely painless.
The Blood Dragons
The titular creatures; bloodthirsty lizards who shoot laser beams out of their eyes and can't get enough of tasty cyber hearts.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Their blood can do all sorts of crazy things, like supercharging cybernetics or turning people into zombies.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The glowing spot on their chests is their weak point. It's hard to reach most of the time, though.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: They glow green when undisturbed, yellow when attracted to a cyber heart or searching an area, and red when hostile.
- Eye Beams: It makes them mostly blind but who cares? They shoot lasers out of their eyes!
- Kaiju: In Trials of the Blood Dragon, the Blood Dragons are bipedal and several stories tall.
- Mama Bear: One of the Dragons in Sloan's nursery isn't at all happy with Rex torching her eggs.
- Mechanical Monster: They appear to be at least partly cybernetic.
- Mini-Boss: At the start of the game, they are extremely tough. They even have their own visible health bar. However, once Rex has levelled up sufficiently, the Dragons lose some of their edge.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Required Secondary Powers: They're fire-immune, which prevents their beams from burning up their eyes, but they presumably lack the ability for their eyes to withstand the intense light, hence their bad vision.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cyber hearts.
Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System
BADASS: I AM THE BATTLE ARMORED DRAGON ASSAULT STRIKE SYSTEM. YOUR KILLSTAR CONTROLS MY BRAIN CAGE, INSTRUCTING ME THAT YOU ARE MY RIDER.
Colt: Hello, gorgeous.
BADASS: I AM EQUIPPED WITH A HYDRAULICALLY POWERED TERROR-4000 CANNON AND TITANIUM TRAUMA PLATES.
Colt: I think I'll take you out for a spin.The Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System is the destined mount of the one who has proven worthy to wield the Killstar. It is, simply put, a Blood Dragon in full battle armor and possessing ridiculous firepower. The Battle Dragon assists you during the final assault on Sloans base. It also shoots lasers from its fucking eyes!
- Badass Boast: "I MUST BREAK YOU!"
- Beast of Battle/Weaponized Animal
- Eye Beams
- Empowered Badass Normal: Like Rex.
- Eye Beams: It shoots lasers out of its fucking eyes.
- Fun with Acronyms: Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System=Badass.
- Gatling Good
- Large Ham
- More Dakka: A hydraulically powered Terror-4000 cannon..."AND I SHOOT LASERS OUT OF MY FUCKING EYES!"
- No Indoor Voice: "ARE YOU ENJOYING RIDING ME?"
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Rule of Cool/Rule of Fun: Where did it come from? Why does Sloan just have it sitting there in the middle of his base? Who gives a shit? Time to take it for a joy-ride!
- Suddenly Voiced: The only Blood Dragon that speaks, using an artificial voice-box.
- Small Role, Big Impact: It appears for less than five minutes of the game, but they are extremely action-packed minutes - annihilating Sloan's remaining forces and preventing his missiles launching.
- Walking Spoiler