Characters: Dora the Explorer
Dora "The Explorer" MarquezA seven-year-old girl who likes to spend her time going on trips and exploring new places.Tropes:
- Free-Range Children
- Friend to All Living Things
- Girliness Upgrade: "Tween Dora"
- Gratuitous Spanish
- The Heroine
- Idiot Hero: Implied. Why else would she ask the viewer a question every ten seconds?
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: She is kind and nice to everybody, even the villains.
- It Runs in the Family: Dora inherited her grandmother's exploration hobby. Her mother is an archeologist.
- It Was a Gift: Dora got the star pocket from her grandmother.
- Her backpack, map and necklace with matching bracelet is also a gift.
- Kid Hero
- Let's Get Dangerous: Often in the specials when she actually has to go up against a legit threat, she admittedly can be a bit Badass.
- Nice Girl
- No Indoor Voice
- Outdoorsy Gal
- Pink Means Feminine: Her shirt (which exposes part of her belly), which especially applies in the new series.
- Signature Move: Dora's "Super Soccer Kick".
Boots the MonkeyHe's five years old, and he's Dora's best friend.Tropes:
- A Day in the Limelight: "Boots's Special Day", "Baseball Boots", "Boots to the Rescue".
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Inverted, he only wears boots. It's in his name!
- Different in Every Episode: Boots is a born gymnast, and he will usually treat a hill as a chance to show off. Other times, he'll just walk.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys
- It's the Best Whatever, Ever!: Boots describes his special day as "my best day ever" and "all my favorite parts put together."
- The Lancer: There is an early Running Gag where Boots rushes into answering a puzzle, only to get it wrong and flee back to Dora's side.
- Leitmotif: A short, fast harmonica piece.
- Like Brother and Sister: Boots and Dora aren't just good friends; they love each other. "This is evident in "Big Sister Dora", when he speaks of becoming "a big monkey brother." Boots is on close terms with Dora's parents, as well.
- Nice Guy
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: On one Halloween, he can't settle on a costume, so he dresses up as a fire chicken.
- Non-Human Sidekick
- Once an Episode: When he jumps over a log.
- Prehensile Tail
BackpackDora received this backpack just before her first trip.Tropes:
- Bag of Holding
- Catch Phrase: After picking out the item for Dora, she'll usually say "Delicioso!" after 'eating' the rest of the things.
- Chekhov's Gun: A number of objects that fit this trope are held inside of Backpack for later use.
- Crazy-Prepared: Absolutely. A number of things that Dora needs just arbitrarily happen to be in the bag.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Dora's First Trip" and "The Backpack Parade".
- "I Am" Song: You know the one...
- It Was a Gift
- Meaningful Name
MapHe has his own pocket in Dora's Backpack and is...well, it's pretty self-explanatory.Tropes:
- Different in Every Episode: The map itself is never the same twice, but it never fails to meet Dora's needs.
- "I Am" Song: It's listed under Broken Record on the main page.
- Magic Map
- Meaningful Name: Well, yeah.
- Scarily Competent Tracker
Benny the Bull
- A Load of Bull: Obviously.
- The Big Guy: When he joins Dora and Boots on an adventure.
- The Klutz: Benny is really clumsy at times.
- The Load: Is often portray as being bumbling and trouble prone, with a whole episode revolving around saving him.
Tico the SquirrelTropes:
Isa the IguanaTropes:
Swiper the Fox
- Affably Evil
- Catch Phrase: "Oh, man!"
- Phrase Catcher: "Swiper, no swiping!"
- "You're too late!" *toss* "You'll never find it now!"
- Distressed Dude: In "Dance to the Rescue".
- Friendly Enemy: When he's not trying to rob them, Swiper is actually quite friendly towards Dora, even sincerely wishing her the best of luck when she loses something.
- Goldfish Poop Gang
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When he's not trying to steal something from Dora and Boots, he can come off as this.
- Leitmotif: Like Boots, he has one. It sounds like a shrub being shaken.
- Swiper, No Swiping!: The Trope Namer. Also possibly the most Egregious example of it.
- You Are Too Late: Will gloat about this every time he successfully steals something.