Significant characters on Dans une galaxie près de chez vous
, and their associated tropes.
Charles Patenaude (Guy Jodoin)
If you lose hope, get out of your houses and look up to the starry night and remember the crew of the Romano Fafard is there, looking for a new planet where we could all move, somewhere, in a galaxy near you. And amidst all the uncertainties that come with this mission, one fact is clear: we won't be back for supper.
He is the ship’s captain and Valence’s love interest. Brave and fair, he always looks out for his crew. Famous for his bad speeches and proverbs.
Brad Spitfire (Stéphane Crête)
Why is it that every time someone says my full name, I always feel like I'm about to get hit?
He is the scientist and hated by everyone else on the ship. He was second officer until episode 58. Brad is a liar, a manipulator, a dirty bastard; he is pretentious, coward, egoist, lazy, lousy, etc. His only known good trait is that he’s very clean.
- Bad Liar: He always comes up with fake injuries when he doesn’t want to do something, but they are never even remotely believable. Those injuries include spraining his pancreas, stretching his kidney, and having a tooth with a bloody nose.
- Let's not forget his complaint that he must stop working because his wrist was heavily strained by Bob throwing a tissue at him.
- Dirty Coward
Brad: Please! Don’t kill me! I have a ship full of friends you can kill, but don’t kill meeee!
- Entitled Bastard
- It's All About Me
- Mr Seahorse: In the episode Maman Brad (Mommy Brad), Brad gets pregnant and has a baby alien. The baby, whom he named Jaqueline, was delivered though his nose.
- No Respect Guy: When he's not antagonizing the crew and tries to saved them, most of the time his heroics are ignored.
Brad: ''Hey! No fair! Why nobody belives me when I tried to be the hero?
- The Starscream: Brad is constantly scheming to overthrow the Captain. However, Failure Is the Only Option.