YMMV: Dans une galaxie près de chez vous
- Cult Classic: Incredibly obscure outside of Québec. The fact that is has a page here on TV Tropes is surprising, to say the least.
- The Wiki Magic is strong in these tropers.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The movie Interstellar, which came out in 2014, is a serious take on a spaceship crew needing to find a new planet to evacuate humanity to after Earth is rendered uninhabitable. Of the characters in the movie, there's a captain, a female officer who believes love can solve all the world's problems, a robot, a young female scientific genius, a scrawny-ish tech guy, a black guy, and a coward who backstabs his teammates because he's too scared to keep going with the mission. Does any of this sound familiar?
- Jerk Sue: Flavien becomes this in the second movie, being right even though he'd ought to be wrong and doing pretty much anything he pleases. Borders on God-Mode Sue with all his new powers.
- By series standards, is God-Mode Sue.
- Spiritual Successor: Of Red Dwarf, with similar styles of stories, characters and a distinctively low budget visual style reminiscent of the early seasons.
- The Woobie: Despite all the problems that he has directly caused to the crew by being a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk, the final two episodes show Brad genuinely regretting his actions and making him lovable in his own deeply flawed way.
- Woolseyism: Applies to the English subtitles for the movies, where many of the jokes are Woolseyisms rather than literal translations, and slang is used quite often.