- Awesome Art: The spritework in general looks a lot cleaner this time around, and all of the revamped sprites look fantastic. This game also has cutscenes that look great.
- Awesome Music: It may not be Alias Conrad Coldwood's music, but the new music in this game is just as sublime as the original's soundtrack. Someone's bound to find a favorite on the soundtrack sooner or later.
- Death of the Author: Like Mortis Ghost with OFF, Felix insists that players must come up with their own interpretations of the story. People don't really have any other choice, as, sadly, he died in a car crash.
- Demonic Spiders: The glitchy enemies during Chapter 2 of The Courtroom. You can't run away from them, they have a decently large amount of health, and their attacks not only pack quite a punch, they also can inflict nasty status conditions on you.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Out of all of the party members, Jozlyn seems to be the most popular of them all, going off of the large amount of solo fanart of her.
- Pentel, the Butcher, despite being a minor antagonist, has received quite a bit of praise.
- Many people have also praised The Batter's Executioner form as well.
- Even Better Sequel: For a fan-made sequel, made with Mortis Ghost's approval, it has improved spritework, harder difficulty (though that can be adjusted), the boss fights receive big improvements, a new zone was added, and the quality in general is better.
- Good Bad Bugs: In a previous version of 0.5.0, it was possible to fight Faux Batter and get a Scorpio Orb, an object that increased the attack of a party member by 5 points. You could fight this enemy multiple times if you were persistent and you would get an Orb every time you defeated it effectively breaking the difficulty level if you bothered to grind for said Orbs. The reason being that the drop rate was supposed to be set at 1%, not 100%.
- Giant Space Flea Out Of Nowhere: The Shadows. They're large, bug-like creatures that have machine guns on their abdomens, and they only appear in Zone 4's library, as well as the place that comes right after that.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The Bonus Boss fight against Felix is this because of what's below.
- Ho Yay: The Elsen are confirmed to be all-male. This does not stop them from enjoying a Tunnel of Love attraction at their theme park.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: You'll find many songs similar to ones Felix and friends enjoyed from the works that inspired OFF. In particular, you can find near the end of the game (Chapter 3 of the courtroom) a slowed-down re-rendition of "Witchcraft", by Akira Yamaoka.
- Tear Jerker: On March 4th, 2017, it was announced that Felix, the game's creator, ended up dying in a car accident on an icy road. Since his blog still had an ongoing queue, it only made things worse since it gave quite a few people false hope that his death was a hoax. To top it all off, his blog permanently went silent once the queue ran out.
- That One Attack:
- Plague Doctors from Purified Zone 2 can use an attack that drains heaps of CP from whomever it hits, eventually leaving you with next to nothing to kill the bastards with. Sure, you can heal it back, but that means wasting valuable items and giving them just another opportunity to steal it again. This has been patched and in later versions the CP loss is much lesser, but it now inflicts migrane. Resulting in a pretty frustrating move.
- The Witness/Edna has an attack that not only hits all of your party members, it has the potential to mute them all as well. And no, it wasn't her add-on's attack either, so you'll have to face it again when you fight her faux version.
- That One Boss: Vader Eloha. Incredibly powerful, lots of health split up among 4 targets, and status effects all over. Felix himself recommends that you be max level to take her on. Almost certainly more difficult than the final boss.
- That One Level: The Courtroom is generally agreed to be the hardest area in the game, with several tough enemies roaming the place, as well as it being incredibly long.
YMMV / HOME (2013)