- Ascended Fanon: An unusual case arising from the game's lack of a fourth wall. Early versions of the game retained OFF's player gender system (asking if you are a boy or a girl at the beginning, and having other characters refer to you with the appropriate pronouns thereafter). However, a large portion of OFF's fanbase (including Felix) is from Tumblr, which, in turn, is frequented by a significant number of people who don't identify as either. To address this, later versions drop the system entirely and simply refer to you as "they."
- This feature later becomes Ascended Fanon officially; an update to OFF was made by a fan, which included, among other new features and fixes, a non-binary gender option. Mortis Ghost himself later deemed the update official, and posted it on his Tumblr page.
- Author Existence Failure: Felix, the creator of the game, died in early 2017.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original method of starting the Bad Executioner fight was ridiculously meta, but was ultimately deemed too confusing.
- HOME was originally going to have a New Game+, where your party members had the same equipment as they had by the end of the previous save when you recruit them, but everything else stayed the same.
- Word of God:
- After the game, Alain, Valerie, and Jozyln help out in the zones they were recruited, as well as ward off spectres, since they're still an issue. Edna ultimately stays with Viola, and The Judge stays in Zone 0.
- The reason The Courtroom gets all glitchy during Chapter 2 is because of The Judge's waning sanity after the battle with The Batter. Also, after the events of HOME, The Courtroom disappears because The Judge's journey is over.
Trivia / HOME (2013)