Mad Dash Racing is a video game released in 2001 for the original XBox. It was developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Eidos Interactive. It's a racing game with the twist that the characters all race on foot.
Unfortunately, the game never was made backwards compatible with the XBox 360 Note and hasn't been re-released for XBox One, so the only way to play it is to still have an original XBox and game disc.
This game contains examples of:
- The Ahnold: Tremlord is a hulking, muscular Tremmel who speaks in a comical Austrian accent.
- Bootstrapped Theme: The song created specifically for the game, "Mad Dash", only plays on certain levels. Whereas the song that is heard every time you start the game is "Roll it Up" by The Crystal Method, so it's easier to claim that as the game's theme song.
- Cameo: Gex is one of the hidden characters.
- Chained by Fashion: Big Blue wears a single manacle around his ankle with a broken chain attached to it.
- Covered in Scars: None are visible on his model, but Zero-G attests that he's "Only scarred about the face, chest, neck and head."
- Edible Ammunition: Throwable fruit is one of the most common power-ups.
- Gasshole: Chops the Boar belches and farts near-constantly.
- Institutional Apparel: Spanx wears a tattered straitjacket.
- Lethal Lava Land: Mt. Magma.
- Not Quite Flight: One of the power-ups allows you to glide for a short time.
- Rubber Band A.I.: Unfortunately, the game has a pretty bad case of it. You could be dominating for the entire race but lose in the last stretch because the computer suddenly gets faster.
- Shellshocked Veteran: Zero-G is apparently a veteran of some armed conflict, and is prone to flashbacks mid-race.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Alpine.
- Speech Impediment: Clawdius the Lion speaks with a lisp.
- Spiritual Successor: To the PS1 game Running Wild, as both involve foot races between animals. Both are by different developers, though.
- Stealth Insult: "Hmm, this one seems a little less incompetent than the rest."
- Wrench Wench: Betty evokes this aesthetic, and even carries a giant wrench wit her which she uses as a bludgeon.