- Adaptation Displacement: The Three Kingdoms motif has effectively obscured the BB Senshi continuity that the story is set in. It should be noted that the model kit numbers actually start from 300 onwards, indicating the sheer number of BB Senshi SD Gundams before them.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Kan-U Gundam, Sonsaku Physalis, Sonken Dendrobium (combined with Tengyokugai Tiger Form), Bachou Blue Destiny, Moukaku Gundam and Kyou-I F91.
- Even after the anime finished airing, people are still holding out for a Kouten The O model.
- Kouseki Turn X, just for the Nonstandard Character Design.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- See Fridge Brilliance above; the Southern region of Albion may be established early in BB Senshi continuity, but bear in mind its leader Moukaku, based on the G Gundam - which got renamed for the US as Burning Gundam.
- When a Sangokuden rendition of Zhou Yu's understudy Lu Su was announced, the fans did not take too kindly to him being merely Shuuyu Hyakushiki recolored in grey. Then the DeltaPlus was announced...note
- The Senjingasshin Shuu Gundam's combination gimmick, notably the limbs, was later reused for one of the Gashapon lineup for the Gundam Build Divers series, which can combine with the 1/144 scale kits.
- The previously bootlegged BB Senshi Sangokuden Gunplas produced by TT HongLi (or any other KO companies) uses Pinyin-based English names for the characters (including original, non-canon ones). However, in the official 10th anniversary releases; Bandai also uses similar naming to the kits, instead of opting Romaji-based names.
- Memetic Badass: Ryofu Tallgeese. Combining Lu Bu and the antagonist of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing made this unavoidable, really.
- Retroactive Recognition: Several of the Universal Century archetypes used for Sangokuden characters are seeing new life in the form of the HGUC 1/144 model line. Apart from Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn mecha, apparently random picks like the G Gundam (Moukaku), Gundam X (Souhi) and even the Asshimar (Ten-I) have been released.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Manga-wise, Souhi Gundam. In contrast to his Comic World counterpart, Souhi shows little personality and does almost nothing to affect the series plot outside of appointing Shiba-I in charge of most matters of the country, getting a sudden headache when the Kibutei equipment is taken from him, and slaughtering all his advisors while under the influence of darkness.
- Too Cool to Live: Sonken Zephyrantes.
YMMV / BB Senshi Sangokuden