Brian Curtis Hildebrand (January 21, 1962 September 8, 1999) was an American Professional Wrestler, referee and manager best known for his work for SMW and WCW. He started in the 1980s working various independents, before catching on as a referee. Sadly, he died from stomach and bowel cancer at the age of 37.
You can find the basics at Wikipedia.
"The Smallest Tropes in the World":
- Badass Beard/Badass Mustache: As shown above.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Applied a chokehold to a fan who had run in during the Dean Malenko-Psicosis match on the September 8, 1997 WCW Monday Nitro, until security could get the fan out of the ring.
- Captain Ersatz/Writing Around Trademarks: As Kowabunga Ninja Turtle in SMW.
- Downer Ending: His death from cancer at 37.
- Everyone Went to School Together: He, Mick Foley and Shane Douglas all trained at Dominic DeNucci's wrestling school in Pittsburgh at the same time.
- Megane: As shown above.
- Noodle Incident: However it was he found himself with the nickname "Gerbil."
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As a referee.
- Red Baron: (as Dr. Mark Curtis) "Shooter."
- Sesquipedalian Smith: Inverted with his real name.
- Stage Names: Usually, "Dr. Mark Curtis."