In 1995, an animated Action Man series with live-action segments was released by DiCnote where Action Man was part of a Global Defense team called Action Force (including Knuck, Natalie, Jock, and their dog Raid) but has complete amnesia and only tends to have minor flashes of memory at various times. The Action Force is often called upon to deal with the threat of a paramilitary organization lead by Dr. X.
Tropes associated with the 1995 cartoon series include:
- All There in the Manual: Action Man's lost past was detailed in the series bible. One page is available here.
- Every Episode Ending: Each episode ends with Action Man reflecting about the missing memory he has recovered during that episode.
- Genius Cripple: Jock/Jacques is a Young computer whiz in a wheelchair, and he even has some hand-to-hand abilities due to AM training him in a zero gravity scenario.
- Landmine Goes Click: One character steps on a pressure mine. To escape, he unties his boot and does an unnecessarily impressive backflip as the mine goes off.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: Dr. X is of the "evil" variety.
- Quest for Identity: The Action Man has no memories of his past life. The now-notorious DVD Action Man:Past Performance indicates this.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Jock or Jacques? The latter pronunciation is particularly valid, on the assumption that the name is French (plus the fact that the guy's voice actor used a French accent).