Trope Overdosed The Webcomic was a webcomic devoted to this website. As of July 2013, however, its domain is offline.
The concept of the webcomic is simple: every strip is some sort of example of a trope. It could be any sort of playing around with the trope, including the characters simply explaining it while in a situation that involves it.
The main characters are Alice and Bob.
It was made partially in Garry's Mod and partially by way of drawings made by one of the author's friends since the author can't draw.
Its obvious goal is to reach Trope Overdosed status, but that hasn't happened just yet.
- Alice and Bob: (Pages 10, 13) The main characters of the webcomic.
- Alt Text: Shows up sometimes.
- Art Shift: From Hand drawn to G-Mod to GIMP.
- Bag of Holding: (Page 43) The stinky old peddler sold Bob quite a nice one of these at some indeterminate time.
- Battle Discretion Shot: (Page 184) We do not see what happens.
- Big "SHUT UP!": (Page 37) "SHUT THE ASTERISK UP AND LET ME KILL YOU!"
- Christmas Episode: (Page 45) This functions as the beginning of the first legitimate story arc.
- Critical Existence Failure: (Page 73) Bite = Explosion if and only if Bob is bitten and he has low enough hp that it decreases him to zero.
- Could also be said to apply to the comic itself.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: (Page 239) The only non-monster in the cave. Becomes Alice and Bob's pet.
- Exploding Barrels: (Page 19) Bob blows himself up with some of these.
- Eye Beam: (Page 200) From a beholder, no less.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: (Page 116) "Turn undead" indeed.
- I Have Your Wife: (Page 44) SPIS has Alice.
- Level Grinding: (Page 32) Alice and Bob level grind for many a panel, but, alas, only reach level 2.
- Missing Episode: All of them now, seeing as the website where the comic is hosted no longer exists.
- Neon Sign Hideout: (Page 46) You can't get more obvious than a sign saying "Obvious spy base where Alice obviously is.
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: (Page 203) Seven is a color!
- Orphaned Series: The webcomic had a temporary period of simulated examples of this during which the author almost gave up and actually orphaned it (Page 16 signifying the end of said period).
- Outside Ride: (Page 23) Bob rides the blue falcon on the outside... for the fun of it.
- Power Level: (Page 203) They fight a monster with a power level over nine thousaaaaaaand!
- Russian Reversal: (Page 20) In Russia, sentry sap spy!
- Schizo Tech: (Page 42) Axes, bows, swords, shields and jeeps. Lampshaded.
- Shout-Out: (Pages 187, 206) One to Final Fantasy VII, and It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAND
- Symbol Swearing: (Page 37) For some reason, the symbols are written.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Stick figure Alice has a bow on her head.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: (Page 149 Alice, thanks to Art Shift.