- Humans say that ghosts are the scariest beings on earth. But we like to think otherwise.
Ghost Teller is a Korean Webtoon by QTT about ghost who tell stories of the most terrifying things humanity does.
The original Korean version can be found here with an English version here, Thailand version here and Indonesian version here. There is also an English fan translation in LINE webtoon for the first season here.
This page Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This work contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: The stories consist of five chapters telling the story of each ghost.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In "The Story Of The Woman", the titular woman wished for two happiness and one suffering. Said suffering is her husband herself which led to her suffering a case of paranoia due to people badmouthing about her and ends up killing her husband and son, destroying her life in the process.
- Big Brother Instinct: The protagonist of "The Story of Brothers" had this as his biggest motivation so his little brothers can have a good life. This ended tragically for him in the end as he is willing to do anything for his brothers.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Father Kim from "The Story Of That Place".
- Bishounen: The reaper is very handsome. The Stinger adds the vampire to the mix.
- Bittersweet Ending:
- "The Story Of That Place". Which doubles as an Ambiguous Ending. The orphanage is closed down and Father Kim's lies are exposed. But it comes at the price of Sister Maria's death along with the children before her arrival. That, and it's implied that Youngshin maybe doing the same thing as Father Kim had, but this time, it's in a twisted idea of paying back the deceased Sister Maria for her kindness.
- "The Story of Brothers" ends with Minseo and the youngest little brother is cured and they lived without too much financial troubles... But Minseo is aware that none of these would be made possible without Mingyu's sacrifice and his death will haunt Minseo for years to come.
- The Cameo: Several characters from "Return My School Life", a collaboration project QTT took part in, make some appearance in season 2 stories.
- Dub Name Change: The protagonist of "The Story Of Their Love" is named Miho in the Indonesian version while in the English webtoon, she's named Misun.
- Downer Ending: Most of the stories end like this (with the exception of "The story of that place" but it's quite ambiguous).
- Gone Horribly Right:
- In "The True Story Of The Girl", Aram's best friend spread fake rumors about Aram to destroy her idol career in hopes of taking Aram's attention away from the show business and return to being her friend again. It worked, but those rumors had mentally scarred Aram so much that she was Driven to Suicide.
- In "The Story of Brothers", the older brother started as a streamer to gain additional income for the youngest little brother's surgery of pneumonia. He did get the income he needed, but he ended up starting to take his stunts to great extremes which eventually led to his death.
- Green-Eyed Monster: A few incidents that led to the character in the limelight dying is because of this. Examples include:
- Misun's brother in law had liked her for a long time though he gave up after she chose his brother, Sangmin. But seeing her getting along with the boy who was the son of the person he and his brother fought for made him envious to the point of killing her.
- Aram's best friend spread fake rumors about her as she is envious of Aram's fame and how her attention is at her fans instead of her. Spreading it in the hope that Aram will stop being an idol and be her best friend again. It went as well as expected.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: A titular theme of this webtoon.
- Karma Houdini: The titular villains in four of the stories get away with all the crimes they did. Particularly, the titular photographer in "The Story Of The Photographer", the brother in law in "The Story Of Their Love", the corrupt higher up in "The Story Of A Child" and the best friend and people who joined the cyber bullying of Aram in "The True Story Of The Girl".
- Kill the Cutie:
- Jiyeon from "The Story Of The Photographer".
- Even some of the titular protagonist are prone, Misun, Aram, and Father Kim's little brother are killed at their story.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Season 2 of Ghost Teller opens with a girl heavily implied to be Sujin, Aram's best friend, jumping from the roof and committing suicide. The same way Aram died.
- Lighter and Softer: The "Cuts Teller" extra's are this and often included Shout-Out to other media.
- Poor Communication Kills: A few instances.
- In "The True Story Of That Girl", had Sujin actually talked with Aram, she wouldn't have been driven with envy and started a rumor of cyber-bullying her.
- In "The Story of Brothers", had Mingyu and Minseo actually talked things out, Mingyu wouldn't have taken his steam stunts to great extremes to the point of death.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted for "The Story Of The Woman", they do exist, but the woman refused to take treatment for her mental problems.
- Tomato in the Mirror: In "The Story Of The Woman", the woman was under the impression that it was someone else who killed her husband and son... only to find out in the end that said killer is the woman herself, who killed them out of paranoia.
- Trauma Conga Line:
- The titular woman from "The Story Of The Woman" goes through this, especially when she found out about the Tomato in the Mirror moment.
- Poor poor Aram. Rumors spread about her being a delinquent and a fake, unintentionally got caught in a scandal and assumed dating with another idol, her fans then turned against her for said rumors to the point of breakdown and Driven to Suicide. She just can't get a break.
- The Stinger: The end of season 1 has a Vampire visit the mansion the six characters used to tell their stories.
- Villain Protagonist: The titular photographer in "The Story Of The Photographer". Also doubles as Punch-Clock Villain because his motive was to earn some living for himself.