Welcome to Brigade Cafe! With the ever-cheerful owner behind the counter, cozy atmosphere, and good coffee all around, one would be hard pressed to not come in, take a seat, and spend a pleasant afternoon here...
Of course, if you've been getting the right information, then perhaps you're interested in the House Special: the service of the (newly reopened) underground organization, "Death Brigade". Currently it only consists of three members. First is the boss, Capu, the aforementioned polite coffee shop owner who smiles a great deal and likes professionalism. Then there's Kami, the deadly rabbit-eared wonder who really hates other people. Rounding it off is the newest member Demi, the exuberant costume-loving manga fanatic. Oh, and did we mention that they're all teenagers?
As the name of the group would imply, they primarily deal with killings, but if you have important goods that need to be recovered, or a kidnap victim to be rescued while you're at it, then they'll take care of that too. For the right price, of course.
This show provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Some art memes hosted on the artist's DA have tidbits about the characters not already revealed in the comic.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Capu mandated that they wear suits and ties on missions.
- Black Market: The existence of one has been implied, at least.
- Briefcase Full of Money: Mideki, showing us how it's done. With a huge bonus, even.
- Boyish Short Hair: Demi.
- Curtains Match the Window: All three DB members. Capu takes brown, Kami gets green, and Demi has purple.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Kami.
- Eyes Always Shut: Capu. When things get serious however...
- Fan-Preferred Couple: According to this poll, many people love Kami and Demi, which has been played around with a lot.
- Fun with Acronyms: Ootani's Crew of Deleters.
- Gratuitous Ninja: Demi quickly changes to ninja attire once they reach the site of their Kid-rescue mission.
- High-Class Glass: Again, Capu.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The headquarters for the DB, and the place where potential clients head to, is a simple coffee shop in town. No shady back rooms necessary at the moment.
- Improbable Age: Definitely the main trio, but not limited to them. Looking at the majority of the characters that've shown up, it's easy to forget how old these guys really are. Kind of lampshaded?
- Katanas Are Just Better: Leon seems to think so.
- Knife Nut: Kami, just... Kami. (Though he's good with guns as well.)
- Knowledge Broker: There's Lan, who finds safe clients for not only DB, but a slew of other secret organizations. Capu states that Lan is famous for getting the most reliable, most difficult to dig up info.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Capu can apparently do this to clients. It has its uses, like when he wants them to forget DB members' appearances and the location of headquarters.
- Little Bit Beastly: Kami has the ears and tail of a rabbit, though the tail is hidden by his clothing. They're definitely real, and do not make him any less deadly or terrifying to fight.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Kid definitely counts, once he finds out the truth about his friendship with Zan and Mideki.
- Mission Control: Capu takes this role with his ability to look through the eyes of people within a selected range, AKA: Panvision. (However, he can only use the ability once a day for ten minutes and needs to maintain concentration or else it cancels early.)
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Enough said.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Capu and Demi are short for Cappuccino and Demitasse respectively, but so far they've been referred to in conversation by nickname only.
- Kami is short for Kamimaki (according to the author here), but it's never been mentioned in-story.
- Parental Abandonment: Capu's parents are dead, which left him with a lot of money and freedom to do as he wanted. As for Kami... well, no one knows about Kami's situation. Subverted with Demi; she definitely has a father in politics, but her existence was kept secret all her life and she ultimately chose to run away.
- Professional Killer: The aforementioned Brigade.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Clearly the best way to be rid of any buildings that you need to make disappear completely.
- Team Mom: What Capu is when at home.
- The Runaway: There's Kid, who everyone thought was kidnapped, but instead asked Leon to be taken along with his group when they broke into his school. Then there's Demi, who as of this page is confirmed to have run away from her home when the opportunity presented itself.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Kami and Demi fit this in some way.
- The Spook: A partial example. Shortly after Kid Spiegel's disappearance, all information on him from seven years ago to the current day vanished as well. This has not yet been explained in the comic.
- The Woobie: Kami's... um... "pet".
- Yakuza: There's the Ashikaga family... or was, anyways, before Leon's group quickly took it over. Except as of now virtually the entire group has been decimated by Kami.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Demi.
- Don't forget here.