A webseries and YouTube channel created by Joshua MacDougall, though you may know it better as that channel with 64 Things Wrong. Originally started in 2013 as a response to negativity in the YouTube gaming community, the main series is dedicated to looking at certain games and deciding on one or more features that make it particularly worthwhile. This goes from well-known and beloved games like Super Mario Bros. 3 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to more... controversial games like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts or Star Fox Adventures. However, on April Fools' Day 2014, MacDougall released a parody video titled "64 Things Wrong With Ocarina Of Time", loosely based on the CinemaSins "Everything Wrong With..." series. Since then, this series has largely overtaken the channel, although there are still occasionally videos from the original series.
Tropes present in the series:
- Affectionate Parody: The Not Quite Clever/64 Things Wrong With series. Both towards the games covered and towards CinemaSins.
- Ambiguously Bi: MacDougall has stated that he briefly considered himself Bisexual (which is referenced in one of his older Ocarina Of Time videos), but has since found otherwise. Although he DOES seem to have a fascination with Twilight Princess Ganondorf.
- Ambiguously Evil: Josh The Hedgehog, who has possession of the Insanity Sapphires and is prone to laughing maniacally, but still wants everyone in the comment section to be polite.
- Author Appeal: Josh likes talking about The Legend of Zelda, positively and negatively.
- Book and Switch: In the opening to "64 Things WRONG With Majora's Mask: Part 3", Josh is seen reading a textbook that he accidentally drops to reveal that he's actually reading a Sonic the Hedgehog comic.
- Catchphrase: From the main series, "That is Really Freakin' Clever."
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Santa needs a blood sacrifice in the Mario Party video to properly finish Christmas. So he forces Josh to play one of the "Spin the control stick" games.
- Curse Cut Short: Used in multiple videos. One example from "64 Things WRONG With Luigi's Mansion", when checking to see if Nintendo had the original trailer for Pikmin in their Content ID Database:Josh: OH MY GOD THEY DID. Nintendo, buddy, I seriously had to mirror-image this super compressed, 15 frames-per-second commercial for Pikmin so that I could still make money on this video. WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-
- Inelegant Blubbering: Falls into this when reading Rosalina's storybook in "64 Things Wrong with Super Mario Galaxy: FINALE!"
- Insane Troll Logic: Nintendo's responses to the "64 Things Wrong With Twilight Princess" series. Best lampshaded in the first 20 Things Wrong With Your Comments:Commentator: Nintendo Logic: Sends Josh a free copy of Twilight Princess, continually copyright claims his footage.Josh: I mean, this person's not WRONG.
- Running Gag:
- Insults towards the Sonic series.
- Referring to Super Smash Bros. Melee as the fourth best Smash Bros. game.
- In the Twilight Princess series, referring to aspects of Telma and objects around her, instead of her most prominent attributes.
- Referencing Josh's background in Musical Theatre, either by singing or referencing different musicals.
- The channel's less than consistent upload schedule.
- Especially in Zelda series, how much water levels suck.
- Visual Pun: "This game SUCKS."