Robo-san and his Robot Dog Wan-chan have dropped onto a planet to spend the day together. Robo-san decides to entice Wan-chan into playing some frisbee with him, which Wan-chan wholeheartedly agrees to. After a pretty impressive throw, however, Wan-chan still hasn't come back. So, Robo-san decides to go and look for him.
Robo-san And Wan-chan contains examples of:
- All-CGI Cartoon: The whole thing is in CG.
- Cave Mouth: Robo-san enters one in a high, snowy mountain.
- Cumulonemesis: One of the living clouds eats Robo-San while he's looking for Wan-chan.
- Darkest Hour: At the end, when it looks like he has no hope of finding Wan-chan, Robo-san throws the frisbee one last time before sitting down to mope.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After being separated from his Robot Dog, being eaten by a living cloud, thrown into water by a giant multi-eyed Rock Monster, and following a path back to his ship, Robo-san FINALLY reunited with his dog.
- Hope Spot: Robo-san follows what look like Wan-chan's footprints down a path, only to discover they were made by tiny rock creatures.
- Extra Eyes: The big Rock Monster Robo-san meets in the cave in the mountains has twelve eyes.
- Jet Pack: Robo-san and Wan-chan both have these. Though Robo-san's is broken when he's eaten by a cloud.
- Robot Antennae: Robo-san has an antennae on the right side of his head.
- Robot Dog: Wan-chan. He can sniff just like a real dog, and with the same sound, too.
- Rock Monster: The local wildlife of the planet includes tiny rock creatures that look like normal rocks, but sprout legs when they stand up. They also make fart sounds when they plop back onto the ground.
- Robo-san meets another one in the cave in the mountains that's bigger than him.
- TV Head Robot: Robo-san.
- Watching the Sunset: At the end, Robo-san and Wan-chan watch the sunset together.
- You Wake Up on a Beach: After being knocked into the water by the giant Rock Monster, Robo-san comes to on a beach.