Not to be confused with any of the various other platform PotC licensed games, including the LEGO Pirates Of The Caribbean.
Pirates Of The Caribbean contains examples of:
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Well, Jack Sparrow does this to the player on a smaller scale in the intro, it "All Your Fleet Are Belong to Us".
- Anti Poop-Socking: Buildings take time to upgrade, and you can't build or upgrade others in the meantime.
- As Long as There is Evil: If you attack and defeat a pirate fleet, or a pirate island, it will dissapear. But don't raise your hopes: new ones will appear. You'll never be able to clean the water of this pirate pest.
- Badass in Distress: The game begins with the player rescuing Jack Sparrow
- Big Bad: Muldoon
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: You can use Gold to speed up construction and building upgrades
- Cosmetically Different Sides: There are countless types of pirates roaming the seas, but when you defy them, it's always the same story: place your ships at the side of their ships, stay that way, and the strongest one sinks the other.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: During the first dialogue, the NPC realizes at a point that he had not asked the name of the player. And so, you insert your name.
- Pirate Girl: Nora
- Privateer: Technically, the player is this, a privateer of the base island, rather than an actual pirate. But there are no actual nations around, only other pirates, and stealing from thiefs is fine.
- Rape, Pillage, and Burn: You can do this with other pirate islands, and get more resources. And, of course, other players can do it to you as well; you have to repair the base when you return.
- Undefeatable Little Village: The player can not lose, ever. The base may be pillaged and burned, but it can be repaired for free in just 5 minutes
- You Require More Vespene Gas: The player can get wood and iron in the island, and other resources by pillaging ships.