Pid, standing for Planet in Distress, is a Puzzle Platformer by the Swedish developer Might and Delight. It was released on October 31st, 2012 for Xbox 360 and PC, with a Playstation 3 version following on November 6th, 2012.
Playing as a young boy named Kurt, you find yourself stranded on a peculiar planet, and must rely on both your own tools and the planet's friendly inhabitants to safely return home. You'll also have to deal with the hostile robot faction, which oppresses the friendly ones and wants to hunt Kurt down.
Tropes present in this game:
- Attack Its Weak Point: The boss battles often require you to hit the boss' weak areas to prevail.
- Collection Sidequest: There are stars to collect in out-of-the-way locations that typically require gravity well manipulation. They can be spent in the level's vending machines afterwards.
- Collision Damage: Played straight with every hostile robot out there.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Every red-colored object is affected by the gravity well effects, whereas the blue-colored ones are not. This applies to the red and blue enemy robots as well.
- Colossus Climb: In the battle against a giant chef, Kurt needs to climb up his arm in order to be able to attack his weak points.
- Coop Multiplayer: You can play the game with one other person.
- Crate Expectations: Moving crates into a correct position is necessary for solving more than a few puzzles.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: For most of the game, dying barely sets Kurt back.
- Gravity Master: Kurt can use a white orb in order to generate up to two gravity wells, which will repel everything around them. The game's puzzles center around successfully manipulating these effects in a variety of ways in order to advance.
- Mecha-Mooks: All of the game's antagonists are hostile robots.
- One Hitpoint Wonder: Played straight with Kurt...up until he finds a life vest, which absorbs some of the damage.
- Smoke Out: Kurt can throw smoke bombs in order to avoid detection by the enemies' spotlights.