Unusual among adventure games is that all other characters don't stand in one spot waiting for you to talk to them, but walk around on their own schedule. Several puzzles require waiting until a certain character is around, or is not around. For instance, if Drape is in the room, he will counter any spell you cast, which is rather inconvenient. While the items and characters go back as you roll back time, whatever spells you've learned stay learned.
The game has voice acting, and is translated into German, French and several other languages. Download link here.
Includes tropes such as,
- Affectionate Parody
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Butt-Monkey: Rob Greasley
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Professor Mumblemore.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Pretty much the point of the game.
- Have a Nice Death: Averted, since you can't die.
- Screw Destiny: Destiny will not let Larry fail his exams; but Larry doesn't want to cooperate unless Destiny promises to get him a girlfriend in the next book.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Everybody talks backwards while you roll back time.
- Shout-Out: Most of the spell names, such as the Frotz spell from Zork
- Also, one of the four Houses is called Pumbaa.
- Unwinnable: Averted, since you can roll back time at will.