You've just woken up from a nap in an emergency capsule floating around a spaceship. You don't remember who you are, or how you got to where you are. And when you get out of the capsule, you find the ship is pitch black inside, aside from the red emergency lights flashing occasionally, and you can't seem to find hide nor hair of the crew.
For now, there's only one thing you can do, and that's try to find out what happened aboard this ship. Well, okay, that, and try to survive the monsters that now wander its halls.
Hollow contains examples of:
- Amnesiac Hero: The Player Character states in the intro cutscene that he still can't remember who he is.
- Apocalyptic Log: There are papers found around the ship that can explain what went on aboard the ship.
- Heal Thyself: The Player Character can find syringes scattered about the ship that restore his health.
- Late to the Tragedy: By the time the Player Character comes to aboard the ship, power is out all over, emergency klaxons are blaring, and the crew is either dead, or monsters.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: The first enemies you encounter in the game have four arms.
- One-Word Title: Hollow, of course.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed through the eyes of the Player Character.
- Save Point: These take the form of computer terminals. Complicating things, however, is that they don't have any distinguishing features to set them apart from all the other terminals scattered about the ship. To counter this, the ones you can save at are indicated on the map.