I'm a troper from Massachusetts. Real name Brendan Burke, which I make no attempt to hide.
- For a creatively-worded The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess joke on Hello, [Insert Name Here]. The gag still exists, but some idiot decided to explain the joke and the entry was removed from Funny/ for that reason. note
- For creating the (now redlinked) SelfDemonstrating.Denning page.
Denning: "This is a message from Lord Nergal. I await you on the Dread Isle. This is a message from Lord Nergal..."
- For participating in the Beast/Bowser◊ Bohemian Parody ATT thread.
Tropes and Useful Notes applying to myself:
- American Accents: Despite being from Massachusetts, I have a Vermont accent because I went to school in Vermont for a few years.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: I can never really focus on one thing at a ti- is that a puppy?
- Asperger Syndrome: Does this really count as a trope? No, I suppose not.
- Deadpan Snarker: When I feel like being one.
- Gentle Giant: Except when I'm angry. And you do not want to get me angry. My teeth are a deadly weapon.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: I used to wear blue clothes, as opposed to my brother's red. Nowadays, the "tag" has shifted to our accents.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Yes, this even applies when we're all the same age.
Tropes applying to me on ThisVeryWiki:
- Catch Phrase: In my edit summaries.
My other Internet hobbies:
- I was a regular on BrantSteele (the site with the Hunger Games simulator) long before it became popular.
- Overly Preprepared Gag: Seems to be my specialty.
- I joined Smogon in 2010 specifically to make a Metang@ joke on New Year's Eve of 2012, two and a half years later. The site admins were not amused.
- In early 2012, I created a new Wikipedia account. Its name, when anagrammed, foreshadowed the account's main purpose... which wouldn't become clear until over a year later in 2013.
- I topped 2012's Smogon prank with a 2013 joke on a sports message board (which will remain unnamed) that I had set up with a gag on a different board in 2005.
- Significant Anagram: I tend to anagram my name or my other common aliases when I need to act "anonymously". It never works.
Other info about me related to This Very Wiki:
- I discovered TV Tropes in 2009, but did not create my account here until The Google Incident in 2010, because I preferred to edit anonymously while I could.
- I played a major role in cleaning up Understatement sinkholes, and later launched the effort to clean up Blatant Lies and Sarcasm Mode as well.
- I cutlisted the infamous "Pretty Cool Guy" page, which was cut and subsequently added to the Permanent Red Link Club. This makes it one of the only non-redirect pages in Main/ to be placed on the PRLC without it being the result of a forum thread or other wiki discussion. note
- I created the pages for the following works. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Angel (IDW) (partially split from Angel)
- ComicBook.Buffy The Vampire Slayer (split from the Buffy season-specific tropes page)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team (split from main Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers (split from main Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (split from Pokémon Colosseum)
- Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh From God (I was partially responsible for its notoriety, as prior to the page addition in 2013 it was virtually unknown outside of GameFAQs.)
- I'm a semi-frequent page image creator, usually for work pages.