Apocalypsering is a 21-year-old male college student, studying Gaming and Simulation Arts as well as Business Management (and majoring in both of those) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is an avid reader and writer of fiction and fanfiction, though just for fun, and a perpetual winner of Na No Wri Mo. He loves video games and anime, mostly sticking to stories that have very strong, complicated plots (especially Thirty Xanatos Pileup ) and lots of character development. As a game student he recognizes the inherent problems with having too high of a cutscene to gameplay ratio, but tends to enjoy games that have them just as much as any other game.
After considerable debate with himself, he feels that he meets SPOON's criteria more than any other wiki organization, so he'll be among their number from here on out.
Created Pages: Enjuhneer
Apocalypsering can be contacted by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org (best option)
- AIM: Apocalypsering
- Steam: Yotsuba / Apocalypsering / A_Fish_in_a_Barrel
- Scype: Apocalypsering
Tropes that Apocalypsering exhibits:
- Cool Boat: In the form of a yearly trip to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky.
- Combat Commentator
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: most of his game systems are complex and intended to function in as wide a spectrum as possible.
- Doomed Hometown: Considers Buffalo his home town, and good lord is it ever doomed . . .
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Filler: I have to quote from the Real Life page. "Be honest, you're reading this at work, aren't you?" Yes, I am.
- Fridge Logic
- Genre Savvy: He's in a slice-of-life sitcom and he knows it.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Living in a conservative town with twelve years of Catholic education, it becomes an art form.
- Idiot Ball: his theory on what all people are currently holding onto for dear life
- Metagame: Oh dear lord, the metagaming. He makes complex game plans for Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Not a Morning Person: averted, he very much is.
- Ordinary High-School Student: college
- Tactical RockPaperScissors: Literally. See Metagame above.
Tropes that Apocalypsering's writing exhibits:
- A Wizard Did It
- After the End
- A God Am I
- Badass: Caleb
- Beware the Nice Ones: Mew
- Butterfly of Doom: Caleb's understanding of existence
- Continuity Porn
- Creepy Child: Aruba
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?
- Elemental RockPaperScissors: Chaos, Absolute, Relative
- Fan Fic
- God-Mode Sue: Caleb
- I Know You Know I Know: Caleb and Mew
- Infinity +1 Sword: Kari gets one, Caleb has two (or five) already
- Insignificant Little Blue Planets
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Ariel at first.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Lotus-Eater Machine: subverted in that it is a completely real ,albeit subverted, utopia
- Mary Sue: Kari and Caleb may come close to this
- Power Trio: Caleb as id, Kari as ego, and Mew as superego
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism
- Stable Time Loop
- The End of the World as We Know It
- The Chessmaster: Caleb
- Thirty Xanatos Pileup: Caleb
- Unreliable Narrator: Kari narrates most of her story, but Caleb and Mew get moments as well
- Unstable Genetic Code: primarily subverted with Caleb
- Utopia subverted
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?
- Xanatos Gambit: Many people. Caleb has several by himself.
- Xanatos Gilligan: played straight by Kari, subverted by Mew who pretends to be but is doing it on purpose (now Spanner in the Works)
- Xanatos Planned This Index: Caleb
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Caleb again
- You Can't Fight Fate: Kari, Caleb and Mew