- Actor-Shared Background: Alice is Polish-American and passes herself off as a mail-order bride with some brief Polish. Elizabeth Debicki's father is Polish.
- All-Star Cast: Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Elizabeth Debicki, Colin Farrell, Daniel Kaluuya, Carrie Coon, Robert Duvall, and Liam Neeson.
- Fake American: Brits Cynthia Erivo and Daniel Kaluuya, Australians Elizabeth Debicki and Jacki Weaver, and Irishmen Colin Farrell and Liam Neeson.
- Playing Against Type:
- Michelle Rodriguez is the go-to Action Girl and Spicy Latina (to the point of providing the page image). Her character here is a housewife who owns a dress shop and is the least skilled with a gun out of the other widows (although she is the only one of the core trio who's been to prison).
- Brilliantly done with Liam Neeson, whose characters tend to have inherently noble traits, even the villains and his more violent heroes. Initially, Harry appears to be pretty typical: a criminal, but a charming one who loves his wife and whom the audience easily assumes was A Father to His Men. Then it's revealed that Harry is a Dirty Coward with an It's All About Me attitude who's perfectly willing to doom everyone else to save his own skin.
- Word of Gay: According to Cynthia Erivo, Belle is bisexual and in a relationship with a woman.
Trivia / Widows