Carrie Alexandra Coon (b. January 24, 1981) is an American character actress probably best known for her roles in Fargo, The Post, The Leftovers and her role as Proxima Midnight in Avengers: Infinity War. Shes married to actor/playwright Tracy Letts.
- Gone Girl (2014) as Margo Dunne
- The Leftovers (2014 — 2017) as Nora Durst
- Fargo (2017) as Gloria Burgle
- The Post (2017) as Meg Greenfield
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) as Proxima Midnight (voice & face capture)
- The Sinner (2018) as Vera
- Widows (2018) as Amanda
- Ghostbusters 3 (2020) as an as yet unknown role
She provides examples of:
- Broken Bird: She often plays this type, but Nora Durst is perhaps this trope personified.
- Deadpan Snarker: In real-life and her characters have shades of this.
- Happily Married / MayDecember Romance: To Tracy Letts, a well-respected character actor and playwright. They ironically got married right when her acting career began.
- Pregnant Badass: She did all her face capture and voice work for Avengers: Infinity War while she was pregnant with her second child.
- Romance on the Set: She and husband Tracy Letts met during a 2012 production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, and they married a year later. They've since had two children.
- Serkis Folk: As Proxima Midnight in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Star-Making Role: Both Fargo and The Leftovers were this for her, with Infinity War being an additional career boost.