Carrie Alexandra Coon (b. January 24, 1981 in Copley, Ohio) is an American character actress.
She's probably best known for her roles in Fargo, The Post, The Leftovers and her role as Proxima Midnight in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
She's married to actor/playwright Tracy Letts.
- Gone Girl (2014) as Margo Dunne
- The Leftovers (2014 — 2017) as Nora Durst
- Fargo (2017) as Gloria Burgle
- The Post (2017) as Meg Greenfield
- Marvel Cinematic Universe as Proxima Midnight
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) (voice and facial capture)
- What If? (2021) (voice)
- The Sinner (2018) as Vera
- Widows (2018) as Amanda
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020) as Callie
- The Gilded Age as Bertha Russell
She provides examples of:
- Broken Bird: She often plays this type, but Nora Durst is perhaps this trope personified.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of her characters have shades of this.
- Romance on the Set: She and husband Tracy Letts met during a 2012 production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, and they married a year later. They've since had two children.
- Serkis Folk: As Proxima Midnight in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Star-Making Role: Her appearances in Gone Girl and The Leftovers, both in 2014, thrust her into the major leagues of Hollywood.