Carrie Alexandra Coon (b. January 24, 1981 in Copley, Ohio) is an American character actress.
She's married to actor/playwright Tracy Letts.
- Gone Girl (2014) as Margo Dunne
- The Leftovers (2014 — 2017) as Nora Durst
- Fargo (2017) as Gloria Burgle
- The Post (2017) as Meg Greenfield
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) as Proxima Midnight (voice & face capture)
- The Sinner (2018) as Vera
- Widows (2018) as Amanda
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020) as Callie
She provides examples of:
- Broken Bird: She often plays this type, but Nora Durst is perhaps this trope personified.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of her characters have shades of this.
- Romance on the Set: She and husband Tracy Letts met during a 2012 production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, and they married a year later. They've since had two children.
- Serkis Folk: As Proxima Midnight in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Star-Making Role: Her appearances in Gone Girl and The Leftovers, both in 2014, thrust her into the major leagues of Hollywood.