- Approval of God: In a Guardian article shortly before the release of The Night Manager, le Carré wrote that he considered this among the best of his adaptations and a personal favourite, alongside both versions of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and The Spy Who Came In from the Cold.
- Banned in China: The film was initially banned in Kenya for depicting corrupt Kenyan officials.
- California Doubling: Subverted. Although South Africa was proposed as a filming location, the director insisted it be shot in Kenya.
- Dawson Casting: Then 34/35 year old Rachel Weisz as 24 year old Tessa.
- Executive Meddling: A Danish actress was originally cast as the German woman Birgit. The film's German financiers insisted a German actress be cast instead - resulting in Anneke Kim Sarnau being cast.
- Fake Brit: Italian-born American actor Danny Huston puts on an English accent as Sandy.
- Fake Nationality: Pete Postlethwaite plays the South African doctor Lorbeer.
- She Also Did: Oscar winning actress Lupita Nyong O worked on the production of the film as an errand girl.
- Throw It In!: Tessa talking to the children in the slums was unscripted. Rachel Weisz just walked through Kibera talking to the children who lived there.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / The Constant Gardener