Michael Cormac Newell (born 28 March 1942 in St Albans, Hertfordshire) is an English film director and producer.
- Coronation Street (1966) (8 episodes)
- The Awakening (1980)
- Amazing Grace and Chuck (1987)
- Enchanted April (1991)
- Into the West (1992)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1993) (2 episodes)
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
- Donnie Brasco (1997)
- Pushing Tin (1999)
- Mona Lisa Smile (2003)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Love in the Time of Cholera (2007)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)
- Great Expectations (2012)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2018)
Tropes featured in his work:
- The Film of the Book: Has directed several examples of this trope.
- Genre Roulette: He has directed period pieces, a romantic comedy, fantasy, drama, and action-adventure.
- What Could Have Been: Was in contention to direct Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, several years before he was hired to direct Goblet Of Fire.