- Name's the Same: Isn't it weird how Hideki Fujiwara not only plays both the Blue Ranger for this series and a blue birdman in the previous series, but also how both of his characters are named Dan?
- No Export for You: Averted. Normally, Sentai doesn't get a release outside of Asia in it's original form, with the Power Rangers adaptations released instead. But now Saban has agreed to let Shout Factory release Zyuranger on DVD.
- Outside of the US and Canada, still played straight at the time of the above-mentioned release.
- Prop Recycling: The Daizyujin cockpit set is in fact the Jet Icarus cockpit set from last season, redressed only a little. Also, the glowing blue atom model orb thing appears again, this time appearing in Witch Bandora's castle.
- Trope Namer: Sixth Ranger, while now a recurring element in Sentai, had its in-series Codifier in Burai, so Burai, along with his counterpart Tommy Oliver, are acknowledged as the co-Trope Namers.
- What Could Have Been: Or rather, what could not have been. Saban originally considered adapting Jetman for the first season of Mighty Morphin instead of this series; while it's likely that Zyuranger would've still made it stateside if Rangers had been a success, it's likely that only the mecha and Sixth Ranger costume would've appeared, given what happened when Gosei Sentai Dairanger was adapted into season 2 of Mighty Morphin.
- You Look Familiar: The child actress who played Clotho shows up in the final story arc as one of the schoolkids who adopt the dinosaur eggs.
- Burai is also played by the same actor who was Change Pegasus.
Trivia / Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger