- Name's the Same: Isn't it weird how Hideki Fujiwara not only plays both the Blue Ranger for this series and a blue birdman in the previous series, but also how both of his characters are named Dan?
- No Export for You: Averted. Normally, Sentai doesn't get a release outside of Asia in it's original form, with the Power Rangers adaptations released instead. But Saban actually agreed to sub-license Zyu out to Shout Factory, who has released it on DVD and also streams the show at times on their website. (Outside of the US and Canada, it's still ultimately played straight.)
- Prop Recycling: The Daizyujin cockpit set is in fact the Jet Icarus cockpit set from last season, redressed only a little. Also, the glowing blue atom model orb thing appears again, this time appearing in Bandora's castle.
- Trope Namer: Sixth Ranger, while now a recurring element in Sentai, had its in-series Codifier in Burai, so Burai, along with his counterpart Tommy Oliver, are acknowledged as the co-Trope Namers.
- What Could Have Been: Or rather, what could not have been. Saban originally considered adapting Jetman for the first season of Mighty Morphin instead of this series; while it's likely that Zyuranger would've still made it stateside if Rangers had been a success, it's likely that only the mecha and Sixth Ranger costume would've appeared, given what happened when Gosei Sentai Dairanger was adapted into season 2 of Mighty Morphin. And of course, there's the eternal question of whether a Jetman-centric MMPR (if it was even called that!) would've caught on in the same way as the show did historically.
- When it was in development under the Working Title Kyōryū Sentai Saurusman, the team was originally going to be comprised of were originally going to be comprised of 3 boys and 2 girls (Red Tyranno (male), Black Brachio (male), Green Tricera (male), Yellow Stego (female) and Blue Ptera (female)) and their secondary mech was originally going to be a Mammoth. A team with Yellow and Blue being the two females wouldn't happen until 20 years later, though said series is unofficial, but still.
- The Wiki Rule: Covered as part of RangerWiki, and as an individual series on the Zyuranger Wiki.
- Working Title: Kyōryū Sentai Saurusman
- You Look Familiar: The child actress who played Clotho shows up in the final story arc as one of the schoolkids who adopt the dinosaur eggs.
- Burai is also played by the same actor who was Change Pegasus.
Trivia / Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger