- Actor-Inspired Element: Jim Carrey bought his own props to look like the comic book version of Colonel Stars and Stripes.
- B-Team Sequel: Neither Matthew Vaughn nor co-writer Jane Goldman returned for the sequel, as they were both working on Kingsman: The Secret Service.
- California Doubling:
- The early fight, with Kick-Ass and Doctor Gravity, is supposed to take place in New York, but shop signs such as Mr. Sub and Telus Mobile says that this is a Canadian corner, most likely in Toronto.
- The fight scene between Mother Russia and the cops takes place in a suburban residential area, most likely in Mississauga.
- Creator Backlash:
- Jim Carrey refused to promote the film due to the level of violence in the film, citing Sandy Hook as the reason. Most of the cast members were not happy with his decision, as they questioned why Carrey would be surprised by the violence since he had read the script and should've been familiar with how violent the first film was. Mark Manor said "....A movie called "Kick-Ass 2" really has to do what it says on the tin."
- Chloe Grace Moretz refused to do a Kick-Ass 3 if its production was going to be anything like this film's.
- Dawson Casting: A quite noticeable example. Given that she's still living with her parents, Night Bitch is presumably in her late teens-early 20's. Lindy Booth, who plays her in the film, was 33 at the time of filming.
- Deleted Scene: In a deleted scene, just before the climactic fight starts, Eisenhower runs in and bites the Mother Fucker's crotch.
- Fake American: Aside from Jim Carrey and Lindy Booth, who are Canadians: Daniel Kaluuya (Black Death), Andy Nyman (The Tumor), Steven Mackintosh and Monica Dolan (Remembering Tommy), Iain Glen (Ralph D'Amico), Robert Emms (Insect Man), Ella Purnell (Dolce, one of the popular girls), as well as Dave Lizewski himself (Aaron Johnson) are all played by British actors.
- Fake Nationality: Olga Kurkulina, who plays Mother Russia, was born in Uzbekistan and later moved to Israel.
- Franchise Killer: The movie's poor reviews and box office numbers ensured that.
- The Other Darrin:
- Playing Against Type: Jim Carrey as a superhero who used to be an mob enforcer.
- Throw It In!: The lines "Try to have fun, otherwise, what's the point?" and "Yeah, there's a dog on your balls!" were both improvised by Jim Carrey.
- What Could Have Been: The movie was originally going to end the same way the comic did: Mindy getting arrested. However, this was changed because the Director wanted a more happy ending that would make the movie more self-contained. The original ending was filmed, so it's possible it'll be on the Blu-Ray.
Trivia / Kick-Ass 2