- All-Star Cast: Or rather, All Star Production Team. The writer of Code Geass, the director of Death Note, Highschool of the Dead and Guilty Crown, the production studio of Attack on Titan and Seraph of the End, and that's not even getting into the music team: Hiroyuki Sawano, EGOIST, and Aimer. As well as Haruhiko Mikimoto, character designer extraordinaire: we owe him all those cute girls.
- Interestingly enough, pretty much everyone involved with Kabaneri also played identical roles in the production of Guilty Crown. They were even animated by the same studio (that is, if you consider shows animated by Production IG's subsidiary studios to be IG productions as well).
- Banned in China: The series was denied a television broadcast in China due to excessive violence.
- Fan Nickname:
- The show itself is already being called a variety of names, some popular ones being "Attack on Trains" and "Zombies On a Train".
- Not to mention The Ultimate Bro for the extremely loyal Takumi.
- Or Mr. Maxwell Powers for Suzuki after his voice actor. Being unnamed till Episode 6 also helps.
- The fanbase has taken to calling Enoku Solid Snake for his secret agent antics and grizzled badass aura. And the fact that his advanced age and eyepatch are very similar to Snake's appearance in MGS4.
- Fans on Reddit have taken to calling Kurusu "Husband-kun," being considered a top-tier husbando.
- Name's the Same: This isn't the first time Yuuki Kaji voiced a character named "Takumi".
- No Export for You:
- In a sense. Every video of the OP, ED or insert songs in the show on Youtube has been taken down with various copyright claims, with the only unclaimed videos being either fan covers of the songs, or being available in non-US regions.
- In terms of legal streaming, Amazon Video's reach only applies to the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, Mexico, Austria and India. Leaving other countries like Australia unable to watch the show legally while it's simulcasting.
- Production Posse:
- Alongside Death Note to name a few examples, this is Mamoru Miyano's fourth collaboration with Tetsuro Araki.
- Alongside Guilty Crown and Attack on Titan, this is Tetsuro Araki's third collaboration with Hiroyuki Sawano and Yuuki Kaji.
- Alongside Guilty Crown, this is Egoist's second collaboration with Tetsuro Araki.
- Alongside Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, this is Aimer's second collaboration with Hiroyuki Sawano.
- Too Soon: Episode 2, showcasing the destruction of Aragane, coincided with the pretty severe earthquake in Kumamoto prefecture that has lead to human casualties and some damage to the Kumamoto Castle. The emergency broadcasts and appropriateness considerations resulted in the cancellation of the episode broadcast in Japan, though the foreign licensors (such as the Chinese and Arab broadcasters) have shown the episode on time.
- What Could Have Been: The second BD set included a booklet that showed a very different look for Biba looking younger and wearing much lighter colors.
- The Wiki Rule: Has a wiki here.
Trivia / Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress