- Ability over Appearance: The casters had intended for Michael Stone to be white, like the rest of the main cast, but Adrian Lester's performance impressed them.
- Dawson Casting: Mickey is meant to be the seasoned professional, while Danny is the young rookie. In reality, Marc Warren is a year older than Adrian Lester.
- Directed by Cast Member: Adrian Lester directed an episode of the final series (which resulted in Mickey spending much of the episode locked in a car boot).
- Fake American: One episode had what may be a triple subversion: they think JW3 is American. He's played by American actor Richard Chamberlain. Then it turns out the character is British, and was a Fake American all along. Then it turns out that he really is American, and was a Fake Brit for a bit.
- Fake Brit: Parodied - one episode has Albert convinced he can do accents, much to the others' horror.
- Inspiration for the Work: Tony Jordan drew inspiration from the long tradition of confidence tricks and heists in Hollywood and television, including The A-Team, The Sting, The Grifters, Ocean's Eleven and Mission: Impossible.
- No Export for You: North America hasn't seen a DVD release of the series since Season 4.
- Star-Making Role: For Louise Mardenborough in season 7, with her faux-American accent (claiming to be from Minnesota).
- What Could Have Been: Clive Owen turned down the role of Mickey.
Trivia / Hustle