- Actor Allusion: This isn't the first time Robin Williams plays a character who falls in love with and later marries a character named Sara, albeit spelled differently.
- Creator Killer: Despite the movie not doing that badly at the box office, this was the second and last movie John Hughes' Great Oaks Entertainment ever made.
- Release Date Change: An insert inside the 2012 Blu-Ray of Babes in Toyland promotes a 2012 Blu-Ray release of Flubber, in honor of its 15th Anniversary. However, the anniversary came and went without the movie coming to Blu-Ray. Disney provided no explanation for this delay, nor have they revealed a new release date.
- What Could Have Been:
- Tim Allen, Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd and Patrick Stewart were considered for Phillip Brainard.
- This was intended to be a co-production between Disney and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment. Spielberg always wanted Robin Williams to play Brainerd, but Williams refused to work with Disney due to a bitter lawsuit over the actor's Aladdin contract. Spielberg decided to remain loyal to his friend Williams and dropped out of the film. Ironically, a few years later, Williams reconciled with the Disney execs and agreed to accept the leading part.
Trivia / Flubber