- B-Team Sequel: F.3.A.R was developed by Day One Studios (now Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore), who had worked with Monolith on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 ports of the first game.
- Dolled-Up Installment: Narrowly averted with F.E.A.R 2, which was initially titled simply Project Origin as Monolith had lost the rights to the F.E.A.R title over disagreements with Sierra Entertainment. Due to Sierra's expansion packs Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate selling poorly, Monolith bought back the rights to the title during development and released the game as F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin.
- The Other Darrin:
- Frequent; the only characters to keep the same voice across every appearance, outside of the first game's expansions, are Paxton Fettel (Peter Lurie) and the Replica (Mark Lund).
- The expansions themselves have one odd example, where Greg Baldwin does not come back to reprise his role as Norton Mapes for a brief appearance in Extraction Point. It's odd because otherwise every returning character keeps their voices.
- F.E.A.R. 2 replaces Meg Savlov with Jen Taylor as the voice of Genevieve Aristide, which gets funny when she has multiple conversations across the game with Lt. Keira Stokes, who is also Jen Taylor.
- F.3.A.R. drops Jin Sun-Kwon's original voice, Susanna Burney, in favor of Kim Mai Guest, while also dropping Grant Goodeve as Harlan Wade.
- What Could Have Been: The first game was meant to have a tutorial level, as well as one fairly late in the game where the player would be in a car having to fend off Replica soldiers on motorcycles. Also, some members of the F.E.A.R. team would have been people with explicit Psychic Powers aside from the Point Man: Holiday was a full-fledged member with Psychometry, while Jin was a Friendly Sniper with Super Senses (her role as a sniper can still be seen in her character design, specifically on her gloves with alternately-colored trigger fingers). There was also meant to be a second villain alongside Paxton Fettel named Conrad Krieg, whose role and uniform was given to Fettel after being deleted.
- The Wiki Rule: The F.E.A.R. Wiki.
Trivia / First Encounter Assault Recon