Believe it or not, not a lot of Newgrounds Mario parodies at the time had very heart-wrenching moments. And with the reboot in the works, it doesn't look like they will be stopping anytime soon...
- Two scenes Sonic's flashback showing all of his friends being killed by Mecha Sonic in Episode 4, and the argument early on in Episode 8. In the latter, the music really helps.
- Axem Red's reaction to Turbo Mecha Sonic slaying his teammates in brutal fashion shows that he legitimately cared for them.
- The destruction of Yoshi's Island at the hands of Mecha Sonic in Episode 6, not only leaving Chief Thunderfoot and his tribe of Yoshis without a home, but also killing the Koopa Bros, who didn't even come close to deserving their fate.
- Sonic and Shadow's bickering in episode 8 should be considered Narm/Narm Charm if you'd been paying attention to Mario and Luigi's reactions.
- Alvin-Earthworm's announcement that he is ending the series, simply titled, "I'm Sorry..." You can just see the disappointment in his words.I have drafted this journal several times before but never had the courage to actually post it, but now I think it's high time I did this.This is a very difficult thing for me. I have had this on my mind for quite some time now and I have no doubt that it will be a very unpopular decision, but I think it's time I finally lay Super Mario Bros Z to rest. I have been fooling myself into thinking I would continue the series because part of me really wanted to see it finished. But the fact is, it is a time consuming process and I have grown tired of working on it. Sprite animation no longer has the same appeal to me as it did several years ago. What was once a fun hobby of mine has now turned into a chore from the constant demand, which clearly shows from the lack of updates since episode 8 was released. I could blame my lack of motivation on my monotonous job and the impatient fans. (Not saying all my fans are impatient, of course. I'm only referring to the Vocal Minority). I have been keeping the series on life-support this long, hoping that some day my creative spark would return to me. Unfortunately it never did.In any case, I would like to thank everyone who stuck by the series this long. It really pains me to do this to all of you after years of false promises, but it's high time I gave myself a reality check.
- From the reboot, Luigi's Go Through Me moment. Even if the Art Shift close up looks goofy, it's still Luigi trying to protect his brother.
- The end credits uses a poignant Guitar Remix of Super Mario 64's end theme. It becomes even more poignant with the In Memoriam of Monty Oum and Satoru Iwata towards the end of them.