- Nemesis himself looks basically like a bulkier Chatterer from Hellraiser franchise, there is just too many similarities in their designs for it being simply a coincidence.
- One of Jill's extra costumes mimics Regina's appearance from Dino Crisis, which was developed concurrently.
- The crashed city bus on the street right next to the R.P.D. is identical to the one in the movie Speed .
- The STAGLA gas station that is visited during gameplay has a DeLorean DMC-12 crashed out front, in a reference to Back to the Future.
- The ending sequence involves a missile strike on the city in a sequence that greatly resembles the end of the first The Return of the Living Dead.
- When you reach the power station, you may get a Live Choice as to how to deal with an incoming zombie swarm. One option is to turn on the power to the exterior fence, which results in a sequence a lot like the ending of Return of the Living Dead Part II.
- Another Return of the Living Dead reference: Zombies rushing a police barricade is similar to the game's opening FMV.
- The game is a nigh on zombie take of The Terminator, with Nemesis as a near-indestructible monster who pursues an Action Girl through various urban environments, where Jill uses the series' signature weapons (minigun, handheld grenade launcher, Winchester 1887, AMT Hardballer) complete with a shotgun that she cocks one-handed.
Shout Out / Resident Evil 3: Nemesis