RWBY: Crimson Sands and RWBY: Crimson Waters are a pair of RWBY roleplays run by Projeck 37 and PrivateNomad on the Bay12 forums, taking place in the same setting, in Vacuo and Mistral respectively. They both focus around a set of two teams of novice Huntsmen and Huntresses, learning their way through life as a Hunter.
Both roleplays contain examples of:
- Gaiden Game: Both games take place at the same time to one another.
- Kick Chick: Two:
- Melodia's fighting style consists of this and using her yo-yo.
- Jet, whose single weapon is a single, jet-boosted boot.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Every single team.
- Recoil Boost: Par for the course for a RWBY roleplay. Sienna and Jet are some of the people who utilise it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: To be expected, with a RWBY roleplay.
- Curtains Match the Window: Also quite normal.
Crimson Sands contains examples of:
- Combat Pragmatist: Argent and Melodia; it's more explicitly shown with Melodia, who manages to keep Reynard pinned for the whole fight under her legs until she lets up and allows him to hit himself.
- Reynard is no slouch either, as he uses his illusion powers to feign his Aura being depleted.
- Doppelgänger Spin: Reynard against Melodia. It works twice. Consecutively.
- Fantastic Foxes: Reynard is a fox Faunus with illusion abilities.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Melodia and Reynard.
- Improbable Weapon User: Melodia, who uses a yoyo to fight, in coordination with her legs.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Melodia's Semblance involves the manipulation of sound. One of its main uses is to create incredibly damaging sounds out of her Battlecry.
- Master of Illusion: Reynard's Semblance allows him to create Mirages.
- The Stoic: Reynard, who doesn't even flinch when Melodia forces him to jam the pommel of his own sword into his groin.
- Razor Floss: Violet's weapon. The wires are attached to her gloves. They can also turn into dual pistols or dual knives.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Sienna's Semblance allows her to essentially cause localized explosions.
- Time Master: Violet, who can temporarily stop time using her Semblance.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Reynard pulls this on Melodia during their duel, using his illusion to make it seem as if his Aura was fully depleted to make her back off.
- Subverted: Melodia would have been forced to back off as her own Aura had been depleted, and Reynard's Aura ran out the moment afterwards.
Crimson Waters contains examples of:
- BFG: Goldy's ranged weapon, which is a light machine gun.
- Rose's weapon is described as the baby of a revolver rifle and anti-tank rifle. While it doesn't spew out lead like Goldy's gun, it certainly fits into this trope.
- Double Entendre: Employed by Rose whenever she can get away with it. Her teammates do not enjoy them as much as she does, however.
- Fantastic Racism: One of the teachers is openly racist against Faunus students.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Goldy's main method of fighting, due to her using dust tattoos and having a semblance that makes dust effects even more potent in her hands.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Rose's weapon is about as long as she is and probably weighs just as much.
- Warrior Monk: Jet, who comes from a community of ascetics who trained her in martial arts.