There's a lot of familiar people around After Action if you've followed Active Duty or Serpent's Hand, the setting basically allowing for a crossover of sorts. The story focuses on the the continued survival of a group called The Convoy, a bunch of O-23 remnants, Library rejects, Church splinters, and anyone who they pick up on the way.
After Action provides examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Wellington and his ragtag Australian army busting through the side of a building on a tank, to destroy a Chaos Insurgency MBT and throw the second main force wave into utter disarray.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?:
- When the Convoy encountered a God Worm in a non-canon playtest, Frederick Heiden sang a song in a chorus of a thousand damned souls, ordering it to submit. The worm proceeded to tear itself apart.
- Heiden attempted to literally punch out Cthluhu. He missed. And then he did it again to Able.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Enforced, in this case; Midnight formatted a dingo's brain when it tried to attack her. It's her bitch now.
- Driven to Suicide: Kayleigh, after losing the last six months of her memory, tried several times to overdose on various medications before summoning Chainshank to take her directly into the afterlife.
- Fighting Irish: Styer. Maybe it's just in his nature, but he almost always gets in some kind of argument, scrap or brawl before the day is over. Actually, it's probably all the booze.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Alicel thinks Charon is "an admirable person." Justified in that Alicel is a very young AI with absolutely no foreknowledge or information on them.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Chainshank, the ultraviolent animate British quincy punk demon scarecrow. Oh, and he's a Death now, too.
- Put on a Bus: Jillian, Akane, Simon and Emily all broke off from the convoy to try and build a community at a hotel.
- Pronoun Trouble: Glen is sexless, but it seems to be the only one comfortable with calling itself "it".
- Stutter Stop: When Alice speaks without her stammer, you may be in trouble.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Zoé Chantili is a short range teleporter.
- You Shall Not Pass!: The entire team during the escape from Potts Point, but especially Jason, Dimitri, Misha and Nick at the very end, staring down an M60 Main Battle Tank with small arms and the Rusty Panzerfaust Warhead.