Zack and Cody learn about the "ghost in suite 613" from London and decide to check out the room. Things get creepy once they check out the room.
- Agent Scully: Maddie, who repeatedly asserts that there's no such thing as ghosts.
- Bedsheet Ghost: Zack dresses up as one of these to scare the group. Later on, they do this same thing back to him during their prank on him.
- Berserk Button: Pizza for the ghost of Irene, apparently.
- Irene: I hate pizza! It reminds me of my unfaithful husband!
- Dem Bones: Zack sees a talking skeleton (later revealed to be operated by Arwin) during the prank on him.
- Demonic Possession: Happens to Esteban during the seance to contact the ghost. Subverted when the whole thing is revealed to be a prank on Zack.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu:
- Esteban: Unbelievers will be punished.Maddie: Ooh I'm so scared. [Chair gets yanked from behind] I'm so scared!
- And then after that:Maddie: I. Love. Pizza. What're you gonna do about it?[Ghost possessed Esteban grins evilly at her then has her dragged away into the darkness screaming]
- Edible Bludgeon: Spoofed. A thuggish man with a club appears at the door to the suite, and everyone assumes him to be the ghost. He then takes a bite out of the "club", which one of the twins points out, leading to the other pointing a flashlight at the man, revealing him to be Arwin. He was actually eating a sub.
- Friendly Ghost: When the real Irene appears at the end, she actually seems to be quite nice, in contrast to how the group portrayed her during their prank. She even gives Cody his blanket back!
- Ghost Story
- Ghostly Chill: During Mr. Moseby's flashback of when he first worked at the Tipton, he recalls feeling a chill down his back when he entered suite 613.
- Halloween Episode: One of two for the series actually.
- Ironic Echo: "You should've seen your face. Oh wait, I can show you your face."
- Jump Scare: Happens throughout the episode between Zack grabbing Cody's hand from under a mess to the group mistaking Arwin or Moseby for the ghost.
- Not Me This Time: The group explains they pranked Zack to get back at him for all the pranks he's pulled on them. London complains about a time when he sent her a fake love letter from Orlando Bloom.Zack: I never sent you any letter.
Maddie: (cracking up) Okay, that one was me.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:
- Maddie:I. Love. Pizza.
- Real After All: The end of the episode reveals that the ghost of Irene was real after all when she returns Cody's blanket to him then walks into the portrait of her.
- Security Cling: Cody jumps into Maddie's arms twice when he gets scared. The third time he attempts this with London, she doesn't even try to catch him.
- Shout Out: To Poltergeist
- Esteban: She's hereeeeeeeee.
- Skewed Priorities: London, who's more concerned about retrieving her money than about the ghost threatening her.
- Slasher Smile: Esteban when possessed by the ghost.
- Spiders Are Scary: A large, fake spider lands on top of Zack when he tries to run out of the room.
- Spooky Painting: A portrait of the ghost is at the back of the room, which appears to move a couple of times.
- Spooky Séance: Esteban performs one in order to send the ghost to the other side and then appears to get possessed by her. This results in the group minus Zack disappearing and Zack getting scared out of his mind, turns out it was all just a prank on him.
- That Man Is Dead:
- Zack: Esteban, hang up on her!Possessed!Esteban: Esteban's gone. Say adios, amigos.
- Toilet Humor: At the beginning of the episode, Zack plays a prank on Esteban which involves making it seem like he's farting.
- Your Cheating Heart: In the story behind the ghost Irene, her husband is said to have run off with an Italian woman then opened up a pizza parlor with her much to Irene's fury and this resulted in her shattering a mirror that ultimately killed her.