The discovery of an old film strip prompts Homer to tell the story of Bart and Lisa's sibling rivalry when they were younger.
- Call-Back: Bart's monster clown bed makes its first appearance since "Lisa's First Word" way back in season 4.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Homer shoots a pizza the guys want him to help them eat to show he's more concerned about his lost kids.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: Averted. While Homer and Marge were looking for Bart and Lisa, Homer entered a municipal building and started telling about the missing kids until Marge interrupted him because the building served as headquarters for social services.
- Take That!: Moe claims Bart and Lisa used to fight "like creationists and common sense".
- Unreliable Narrator: At the end of the episode, Homer is called out for giving the story three different endings.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Back when Bart and Lisa were younger, she pulled one to trick some bullies into leaving Bart alone.