When Toby sends out a memo requesting the staff refrain from expressing affection in public (PDA), Jim and Pam's relationship is revealed. Ryan returns to visit the Scranton branch, which makes Creed and Michael worry about ageism. Dwight tries to win back Angela's affection. Michael and Dwight bring gift baskets to former clients, to try and convince them to return.
Air date: October 4, 2007
- Argentina Is Nazi-Land: Dwight's 103 year old grandfather lives in Argentina. He also states that his visa to visit him was protested by the Shoah Foundation.
- Blatant Lies: Ryan tells Kelly that Karen had asked him out, even though he actually tried to ask her out while she was dating Jim.
- Continuity Nod: Pam and Jim offer to fill out a disclosure form for corporate, which we encountered in Season 3 when Michael and Jan announced their relationship. Kevin still refers to Ryan as "fire guy."
- Fake Pregnancy: Kelly tells Ryan she's pregnant so he'll talk to her.
- Hopeless with Tech: Michael drives his car into a lake when he misunderstands his GPS's instruction to turn right.
- Never My Fault: The above-mentioned Hopeless with Tech leads Michael to use this as 'evidence' that technology is bad. However, as Dwight argued beforehand, it was pretty obvious it meant to go right at the turn, not just drive straight into the opening next to them that visibly lead straight into a lake. It was purely down to Michael's refusal to listen to what others had to say or use any basic logic why this happened.
- Portmanteau: Andy thinks the website should be called "DunderMifflinfinity".
- Serious Business: Godspeed to both Dwight and Michael.Dwight (with gritted teeth): I need to win those clients back.
- Stealth Insult: Jan to Ryan.Love the beard; keep it forever. *pats Ryan's cheek*
- Take That!: In-universe, Michael attempts this.Game, set, match. Point, Scott.
- That's What She Said: Michael's attempt at this fails. It's even lampshaded by Pam.