While hosting a party of pilgrims, Archer learns more about the Temporal Cold War from an unlikely source.
- Actor Allusion: Captain Archer meets a man sent back in time to put right what once went wrong.
- Alien Non-Interference Clause: According to Daniels, there's a temporal version of this as per the Temporal Accords.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: In a rather bizarre example of You Have Failed Me, the Suliban's benefactor punishes Silik by removing his advanced eyesight.
- Call-Back: Trip isn't impressed by Archer's description of the "temporal observatory," since he's witnessed similar technology on the Xyrillian ship.
- Chekhov's Gun: The hand-held device that Daniels uses to walk through walls makes a comeback when Archer uses it to get the jump on Silik.
- Continuous Decompression: When Silik opens the shuttlebay doors, spacing himself (his enhanced Bizarre Alien Biology allows him to survive in a vacuum for a short time) and almost taking Archer with him. Both Explosive Decompression and Space Is Cold are Averted, although Archer is gasping for breath when he gets to the control room. He also loses the "walk through walls" gadget.
- Famous, Famous, Fictional: Phlox mentions that he spent time studying various religions on Earth, including visiting a Tibetan monastery, attending mass at St. Peter's Square, and partaking in a Vulcan ceremony.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Hinted at—when Archer asks Daniels if he's human, the response is "More or less."
- The Mole: Daniels, but for the good guys.
- Negative Space Wedgie: The plasma storm that almost destroys Enterprise.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: Archer shoots the device that Silik is trying to steal.
- Not Now, Kiddo: Archer tries to give Daniels the brush-off until he mentions the Suliban.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner:Silik: Did they tell you that the 22nd century was going to be your final resting place? (shoots Daniels)
- See the Invisible: Downplayed—Daniels' equipment can detect Silik when he's invisible, but can't give an exact location.
- Understatement: When Daniels shows Archer his "temporal observatory".Daniels: I know this must seem a little overwhelming.
Archer: "Overwhelming" doesn't quite cover it.
- You Owe Me: Silik saves Enterprise from being destroyed, then demands that Archer repay him by telling him who's after him.