Stan is dubbed the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard by a local group of Scientologists, causing a chain of bizarre events.
- And Your Reward Is Infancy: The Scientologists are convinced until the very end that Stan is the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard.
- Church of Happyology: How Scientology is portrayed in this episode.
- Hilarity Sues: The episode ends with the church threatening to sue Stan, who is not intimidated by their threat and even goads them to do it.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: The entire "THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGY ACTUALLY BELIEVES" disclaimer was added because it was so out-there that it sounds exactly like something South Park would make up (along the lines of the Catholic Church venerating the Queen Spider in "Red Hot Catholic Love").
- Rule of Three: After Tom Cruise refuses to leave the closet, they get John Travolta to try and convince him to leave, only to end up joining Tom in the closet, and when that fails, they use R. Kelly, who then also ends up in the closet and refuses to come out.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: As soon as he's freed from Stan's closet, R. Kelly shuffles away in the background (suggesting something happened in the closet) while Tom Cruise berates and threatens to sue Stan.
- Shout-Out: All of R. Kelly's dialogue is sung in a similar fashion to the actual song the episode takes its title from.
- Take That!: This episode does not shy away from making fun of Scientology.