The Great Outdoors
Ren and Stimpy are out camping in the woods.
The Cat who Laid the Golden Hairball
Ren finds out how valuable Stimpy's hairballs actually are.
The Great Outdoors provides examples of...
- Animal Gender-Bender: The mosquitoes are clearly female in that they suck blood and lay eggs, but they have male voices and refer to each other as "guys".
- Dinner Deformation: see Instant Mass: Just Add Water! below.
- Fan Disservice: Naked Old Man Hunger. And his wife.
- Fur Is Clothing: Ren and Stimpy take off theirs to go swimming.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Given the kind of show this is, it's a given, but Stimpy's amusingly seductive pose as he takes off his fur isn't helped by the music accompanying it.
- Horrible Camping Trip
- Instant Mass: Just Add Water!: Ren eats a pill of dehydrated horse meat, which rehydrates inside his body as a whole horse.Mr. Horse: (inside Ren) No sir, I don't like it.
- Oh, Crap!: Ren, when he sees a (relieved) beaver floating in the water cooler he drank from.
- Running Gag: "I just love skinny (verb)-ing!"
- Squee!: Ren, when he sees a lone mosquito sucking blood from his arm.
- Skinny Dipping: Stimpy gets Ren to try it. And then Old Man Hunger and his wife join in.
The Cat Who Laid the Golden Hairball provides examples of...
- Big "SHUT UP!"Stimpy: (noticed one of his arms is bare) Hey, Ren...
Ren: (throws a cinderblock at him) SHUT UP AND LICK YOUR OTHER ARM!!
- Bigger on the Inside: Bubba goes inside Stimpy to see why he can't produce hairballs. He is so big Stimpy stretches around him, but then he is seen walking around Stimpy's cavernous innards.
- Butt Brand
- Disney Death: Stimpy
- Gainax Ending: After realizing that it's over for Stimpy's hairball-hocking days, everyone suddenly shouts "It's over!" in cheery voices, then starts dancing to goofy music.
- Heroic RRoD: Stimpy is overworked nearly to death, destroying his wharfing gland in the process.
- Earlier Stimpy is licked clean and hairless and passes out exhausted on the conveyor belt, which causes Ren to violently stamp Stimpy's butt.
- Head-and-Hip Pose: The supermodel in the hairball dress strikes this pose.
- Modeling Poses: During a news broadcast describing the increasing value of hairballs and all their potential uses, a fashion model is seen striking a head-and-hip pose to show off a dress and hat made with hairballs.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Ren, after overworking Stimpy leaves his wharfing gland ruined.Ren: Without it, he's only half a cat! Stimpy, I—
- Video Full of Film Clips: This episode provided a majority of the clips for the music video for "Cat Hairballs", which followed the same basic premise as the episode. The video even ends with the scene of Stimpy passing out and getting stamped on the butt.
- Wingding Eyes: Ren gets dollar sign eyes every time he stamps one of Stimpy's hairballs in the conveyor belt. However, when he stamps a furless Stimpy's butt, he gets "No Sale" sign instead.