Monkey See, Monkey Don't
Original air date: 2/13/1993 (produced in 1992)
R&S disguise themselves as monkeys to have a better life in the zoo.
Original air date: 2/27/1993 (produced in 1992)
The pair adopt a big, brawny convict named Kowalski.
Monkey See, Monkey Don't contains examples of...
- And Starring: "Introducing Filthy"
- Ass in a Lion Skin: Or rather, a cat and a chihuahua in monkey suits.
- Evolving Credits: For the first time, the "Created By John Kricfalusi" credit was excluded from the opening sequence, and was instead buried in the closing credits. It did re-appear in the opening a few more times after this, before the change was made permanent in the second episode of season 3.
- Furry Reminder: Stimpy starts purring when he's being groomed for lice.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Ren claims to know all about monkeys because "I've seen every Tarzan movie ever made."
Fake Dad contains examples of...
- Big "SHUT UP!": Ren to Stimpy when the latter tries to calm him down from his Rage-Breaking Point.
- Broken Record: "GOODBYE, DADDY!"
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off!: Ren repeatedly threatens to spank Kowalski for most of the short, but Stimpy manages to talk him out of it.
- Hulk Speak: What few words Kowalski speaks are these.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While Ren is his usual short-tempered self, he clearly cares about Kowalski and and cries when he's taken away.
- My Favorite Shirt: After Ren hits Kowalski over the head with a spoon for smoking, he gets mad and crunches some of Ren's stuff to dust, including his favorite couch, his favorite TV, and his favorite friend (Stimpy).
- Rage-Breaking Point: Ren after trying to burp Kowalski for 36 weeks straight to no avail, only to have him unleash a loud belch that blows all his fur off.Ren: Alright, that's EET! I've had all I can STAND from you KOWALSKIIIIII!!!!!
- Real Men Eat Meat: Kowalski requests and receives a meat-on-meat sandwich and a glass of meat to wash it down with.
- Smoking Is Not Cool: "Don't you know that smoking can kill you?!"
- Suddenly Shouting:Ren: [Kowalski]'s had this coming FOR A LONG TIME NOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: Ren is all too eager to spank Kowalski for most of the episode. However, once Kowalski drops trow for him to do so, Ren is so disturbed by his bare ass that he tearfully begs him to pull his pants back up.
- Tranquil Fury: Ren does his best to keep his temper under control for most of Kowalski's antics and visibly trembles as he nears his Rage-Breaking Point.
- Younger than They Look: Kowalski is apparently only seven years old, but looks to be in his mid-fifties.